Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lower Pines Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 12, 2008 11:31AM
Lower Pines campground in the Valley is now open for the season.

avatar Re: Lower Pines Campground
April 13, 2008 01:39PM
boy, i hope so, i have a reservation there on April 18th. i hope the snow is gone so i can put up a tent. anyone know?
avatar Re: Lower Pines Campground
April 13, 2008 02:23PM
forrestranger wrote:

> boy, i hope so, i have a reservation there on April 18th. i
> hope the snow is gone so i can put up a tent. anyone know?

I'm sure there's no snow there. It's only 4000 feet.

April 13, 2008 05:46PM
eeek wrote:

> I'm sure there's no snow there. It's only 4000 feet.

That's what I thought at the end of March when we stayed at upper pines. I thought the 2+ feet of snow that was there in February would be mostly gone (with the warm March weather), but it was basically just pushed around into piles.

The Pines campgrounds and Curry are pretty much the icebox of the valley; riding around on a bike in a t-shirt was fine anywhere near the Village or west, but it was heavy jacket weather at the campground.

Lower Pines was still closed then, and there was a lot of construction going on; I wonder if they're remodeling it for RV sites like they had planned? They're doing something odd at Upper pines also, I noticed several sites had wooden beams marking off areas, as though it was where people were supposed to pitch tents etc., but I never figured it out. Hopefully it's not for RV sites in Upper Pines 8^(.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
April 14, 2008 07:28AM
I was in Yosemite on Saturday the 12th. I didn't see snow anywhere in the Valley. While is was nice to be there in April (without chains or a 4-wheel drive), I'm hoping there will still be a few more storms before the end of May. I don't know what percent of normal snow pack they are at this year, but it still couldn't hurt to have more.

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login