Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Change of Summer Plans?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Change of Summer Plans?
April 23, 2008 02:52PM
Hello,

A group of friends and family are going to be visiting Yosemite Valley on overlapping days between the 2nd and the 9th of July. Unfortunately with the limited number of camping sites, we would love to join them but were not one of the lucky few to get a site.
We know that occassionally people's Summer vacations plans change, and with that in mind, if anyone can't use their site(s) for any number of nights and is looking to find someone to take them, we would be happy to. We are willing to pay a premium for them.

If so, would you please email me at amlyne2@msn.com

Thank you, Amy
avatar Re: Change of Summer Plans?
April 23, 2008 03:00PM
You could certainly try an find a non-reservable campsite outside of Yosemite Valley. It does run into the basic problems of transportation; staying in the valley can reduce car dependence since the shuttle works very well for most people. However - I've heard many kudos for the campgrounds outside of the Valley, as they seem to attract a different class of patron.
Re: Change of Summer Plans?
April 23, 2008 09:01PM
Are the sites that are already reserved going to be at maximum occupancy? They allow 6 persons per site, and I don't think they do a lot of counting unless you give them reason to. I guess it depends on whether you're using tents or staying in RV's though (easy to add a tent or two, not so easy to add another RV to a site).

You could try for cancellations at the campground office each day; if no luck, and you needed to stay outside the valley, you could still spend days and evenings in at the campground with the family and friends.

Good luck finding someone with a change in plans, that would be ideal; I'd hope they wouldn't use your "pay a premium" option, and I don't know how transfer of sites is handled this year, or if you can do that; last year there were some lowlife-types auctioning off sites for profit at ebay, which is thoroughly disgusting...but it seems like most decent Yosemite-type folks would be happy just getting their money back if they can't use the site they reserved.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
avatar Re: Change of Summer Plans?
April 25, 2008 06:57PM
There will be plenty of sites at Porcupine Flat and Yosemite Creek campgrounds on July 2nd. Why not stay there instead? The Valley is hot and crowded in July.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login