Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fire Crews Trash the Trash

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Fire Crews Trash the Trash
September 02, 2011 04:18PM
Fire crews from the Mono Basin Fire Station assisted BLM Bishop Field Office resource and Bridgeport Indian Colony personnel in removing trash left on public lands in the Bridgeport area. Several refrigerators and furniture, along with debris, left at a popular shooting area were removed. More than a ton of refuse was hauled to the local land fill.

Crews winch one of the many household items illegally dumped from a hillside. From left; Dave Celaya (Forest Service); Mark Lookerse (Bureau of Land Management); Mike Larme (Fish & Wildlife Service) and Jeff DeJohn (Forest Service).

An assortment of debris is picked up at a popular target range. Approximately 1,100 lbs. of wood, paper, shells and appliances were removed. From left: Dave Celaya, Hadi Helmy, Jeff DeJohn, Jeff Karl, all of the Forest Service.

- David Christy, BLM Central California public affairs, 8/31/11
avatar Re: Fire Crews Trash the Trash
September 04, 2011 12:57PM

More than a ton of refuse was hauled to the local land fill.

It makes me wonder about the mindset of people who feel it's perfectly fine to dispose of stuff they no longer want along pubic roads and byways.
September 04, 2011 09:24PM
I wonder it that debris was left to serve as shooting targets.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 05, 2011 12:03AM
Frank Furter

I wonder it that debris was left to serve as shooting targets.

What ever happend to just using old beer and coke cans for target practice?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login