Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: MOuntain Climbing Movie

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

MOuntain Climbing Movie
September 08, 2011 02:56PM
Hey guys, This is pretty random... but when i was a kid, i watched a made for TV movie about an older man that was climbing the face of a rock/mountain. During his climb he slipped or the line broke and he fell and ended up getting lodged in this pocket (sorta like it fit his body perfectly)... so basically the rest of the movie goes with this man stuck and people down below trying to assist and save him.. he ends up dying while stuck in the pocket and the final scene is a dramatic hes alive, and now hes gone ending... Seen it when i was a kid, not sure if any of you remember this or are familiar with this movie.. it had to be about 25 years ago when i watched it.. it just always stuck with me. Searching searching for this movie....
September 09, 2011 12:42PM
'Touching the Void'??
September 09, 2011 01:22PM
thanks for the reply. that's not it. touching the void he fell into a crevasse and lives. this is an older man climbing a rock face.. the rock face has a pocket that the man becomes trapped in. i seen this movie around 1984.
avatar Re: MOuntain Climbing Movie
September 09, 2011 05:42PM
Found it:

Chick-on is looking at you!
avatar Re: MOuntain Climbing Movie
September 09, 2011 05:43PM
* ok, I couldn't find it and don't remember any movie like that... thought I had watched every movie made in the 80's

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 11, 2011 10:16AM
Are you thinking of "High Ice" starring David Janssen? I think from 1980. The story involves a forest ranger played by Janssen and an Army officer who clash on how best to handle a search-and-rescue operation to save three climbers stranded after an avalanche pins them on a ledge in the Cascade Range.

One of my favorites is from 2008--North Face--Based on a true story and set in 1936, alpinists attempt to conquer the unclimbed north face of the Eiger.
November 02, 2011 10:18PM
jalan ur a badass... that's the movie. i loved this movie as a kid but never knew whatit was. thank you..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login