Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waning Crescent (40% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.


Re: wilderness permit

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

wilderness permit
June 10, 2008 10:26AM
I'm plannning to walk from red's meadow to tuolumne meadow in the late August. To reserve a wilderness permission, can I reserve the wilderness permit in other than Yosemite National park? For example, can I contact for the wilderness permit office in Inyo Ntional forest to reserve it ?
avatar Re: wilderness permit
June 10, 2008 11:04AM
If you're starting from outside of Yosemite, that's what you're supposed to do. Your wilderness permit should be valid for the entire trip, but must be issued by the agency managing your starting trailhead location.



Permits for and from areas outside Yosemite
If you are starting a hike from a trailhead located outside of Yosemite National Park, obtain your permit from the trailhead's managing agency, even if camping in Yosemite. Only one permit is required. Even if you plan to spend every night of a Wilderness trip inside Yosemite but your entry trailhead is outside Yosemite, you do not get the permit from Yosemite. If you are starting at a trailhead in Yosemite and wish to camp outside of Yosemite during your Wilderness trip, you will only need to get a single wilderness permit from Yosemite.

Re: wilderness permit
June 10, 2008 03:22PM
Oh, I get it! Thank you for your very helpful answer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login