Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trailer lengths for Upper Pines Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trailer lengths for Upper Pines Campground
July 15, 2008 10:31AM
For anyone with experience with trailer lengths in the Upper Pines campground. The camp site I reserved says the maximum length for a travel trailer is 24ft. May trailer is 26 ft long. I have seen other trailers in pictures in upper pines that look much longer than that. Will they turn me away for being 2 ft too long? Thanks in advance for any imformation.

July 16, 2008 02:54PM
I think the rules state that if you have a site reserved for a certain length trailer, you will not be acommodated if you arrive and it doesn't "fit."

Jennifer
http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/JenniferWilliams/Default.aspx
July 16, 2008 05:40PM
As you know, there are different site lengths. Many people seem to make a "too short" site work by parking their tow vehicle across the pad in front of the trailer. Doesn't make it right for those of us who don't cheat on our vehicle size, though. -J.
July 17, 2008 07:20AM
It's real tough to get sites. They go so fast so I just reserved the longest one I could. I do have access to a 24 ft trailer but the 26 footer sleeps the kids soo much better. I was hoping I could leave our tow vehicle in a parking lot near by. Does anyone know if this is an option? Thanks.....

July 17, 2008 07:46AM
I have found a website that has a picture of every campsite in the Pines campgrounds. I have used this before to determine if there is a tree or boulder behind the pad. Here is the website w/the pics http://yosemitecampsites.com/. Also, for your car there is overflow parking in Curry Village, it may be hard to comeby but if you are diligent, you can get a spot. If possible, you may have enough room to park your car across the front of your trailer - that is allowed as long as your vehicles are on the pad. So, no worries - Enjoy your trip! I am counting down, we will be there in 2 weeks!

Post Edited (07-17-08 07:52)
July 17, 2008 01:56PM
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. We will be there July 26 thru Aug 2 in the Upper Pines camp ground. We might run accross each other. Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login