Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite
August 07, 2008 07:44PM
Hey everyone, thanks again for all the advice and help in putting together my itinerary for Yosemite. I was in the park July 6-18. I dayhiked from Glacier Point to Happy Isles on the 7th, then began my 10-day backpack from Porcupine Creek the next day. The backpacking route took me to North Dome, Yosemite Creek, Lukens Lake, Morrison Creek, Pate Valley, the Muir Gorge bypass, Glen Aulin, Tuolumne Meadows, Cathedral Pass, Sunrise Lakes, Clouds Rest, Half Dome, and Little Yosemite Valley before ending at Happy Isles.

An epic trip resulted in an epic trip report, which I won't reprint here. Links to the different sections:

Part 1: Travel to Yosemite, Glacier Point Dayhike
Part 2: Porcupine and Yosemite Creeks
Part 3: Entering the Grand Canyon
Part 4: Pate Valley to Glen Aulin
Part 5: Glen Aulin to Cathedral Lakes
Part 6: Hail storm at Cathedral Lakes
Part 7: Sunrise and Clouds Rest
Part 8: Fear and doubt on Half Dome
Part 9: Joy atop Half Dome
Part 10: Final backpacking miles
Part 11: Last morning and departure

Lots of photos are posted in those links, but I'll go ahead and put one here:

OK, and one more:

I'm looking forward to returning!

Jeff Blaylock
Austin, Texas
www.jeffblaylock.com
avatar Re: Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite
August 07, 2008 10:11PM
What a trip! You hit a huge number of the really great places to hike in he park. I'm so glad you made to the top of Half Dome as you would have had to live with that memory until you were able to get back up there.
Your narrative is great.

Old Dude
Re: Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite
August 08, 2008 09:35AM
I started off just reading the part about Half Dome, but 2 hours later, I've read the whole journal. Very, very well written, and great photos! I'm "just" a dayhiker myself, but reading this makes me want to get lost in Yosemite for my own multi-day adventure.

Really, great work...
avatar Re: Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite
August 08, 2008 10:58AM
I am off to hike Half Dome on Saturday for the 1st time.

After reading your post my hands got a little sweaty, but I am excited!!!

Great read!!!

Thanks!

Dan
Re: Hiked Over 100 Miles in Yosemite
August 08, 2008 02:34PM
thanks so much for this trip report. i'll be in the park next week and this helps big time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login