Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Attention Costco Members: Car Camping Gear now available for sale

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Attention Costco Members: Car Camping Gear now available for sale
May 23, 2012 11:56AM
Just a heads up for anyone who belongs to Costco. Most of the Costcos around the Bay Area that I've been to this past week have been starting to stock more and more car camping gear at their stores. Most of the gear really isn't suited for backpacking (too heavy, too bulky) but the tents, sleeping bags, electric lanterns, coolers, camps stoves and such appear to be of good quality including name brands like Coleman, Camp Chef, and Igloo among also lesser known brands.

The prices are pretty good like $28 for a lightweight aluminum (not steel) folding director chair. (These director chairs are usually sold for $40-$50 elsewhere). Sleeping bags for $38 and tents from $40 - $120, if I recall correctly. Again the gear is too heavy to be useful for backpacking purposes, but ought to be just fine for car campers. Some of the Costco also have a display (with someone demo-ing them) of solar panel charging and power kits, including one solar panel to powerful enough to operator a small LCD TV.

Note that this is definitely just seasonal merchandise for Costco, so I'm not really sure how long they're going to have all this gear in their stores. I wouldn't be surprised if most of it is gone within three weeks, so visit Costco now if your interested in any additional car camping equipment and gear.

Great tips, I am so happy you're camping and I will be observing many of camping equipment. I got it plans.
avatar Re: Attention Costco Members: Car Camping Gear now available for sale
May 09, 2018 12:16PM
I’m currently camping in Upper Pines in the Core tent I purchased from Costco last year. Good stuff, good prices.
Re: Attention Costco Members: Car Camping Gear now available for sale
May 12, 2018 10:42AM
JohnC...what space were you in in Upper Pines? Just got home from camping there...
May 12, 2018 11:08AM
I was in 31. Just got home last nite. Where were you?

FYI, I finally saw a bear. It was so cool. He was eating bugs out of an old log right next to the trail. Awesome!
Re: Attention Costco Members: Car Camping Gear now available for sale
May 13, 2018 09:24AM
#89. Between generators running in #87, #91 and #92. (aarghh...resisting the need to rant...)

cool that you got to see a bear. We noted that we did not spot many critters at all this year.
May 13, 2018 12:00PM
I was there from Sunday to Friday. The noisiest neighbors I had arrived Thursday so I only had one evening of them.

Can We Talk?

You Talkin' to Me?

Hold My Beer and Watch This.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login