Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Start planning your trip for total solar eclipse

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Start planning your trip for total solar eclipse
September 29, 2012 08:00AM
On August 21, 2017 the U.S. will experience a total solar eclipse beginning on the west coast near Salem, Oregon and ending around Charleston, SC. The narrow band of totality will occur on the west coast about 10:16AM PDT and cross the northern third of Oregon, exiting probably near Ontario, Oregon about 10:25AM. Observers in Oregon will experience up to 2 minutes of totality on the coast and up to 2 minutes and 10 seconds near the Idaho border. smiling smiley
Re: Start planning your trip for total solar eclipse
September 29, 2012 11:22AM
Don't stop there. A few minutes later it will pass over Rexburg ID, then directly over Jackson Hole airport, WY.
Here is a link to a good source of overlays for Google earth. Click on the one you want and it will open a KMZ file in Google Earth.

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/SolarEclipsesGoogleEarth.html

Hey, there is one in Oz in Nov!
avatar Re: Start planning your trip for total solar eclipse
September 30, 2012 07:24AM
Strix,
Thanks for the Google solar eclipse link.
Jim
avatar Re: Start planning your trip for total solar eclipse
October 01, 2012 05:29AM
Oh man, I'm going to be in New Zealand from late October until November 12th, and the eclipse happens on the 13th. Head roll

Oh well, I'd have to go a couple hundred miles north of the North Island to see it 100% and I'd rather spend all the time on the South Island anyways, where it would only be about 60% and not as impressive as the annular one I saw from my front yard in May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 05:30AM by mbear.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login