Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: This website background

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 19, 2008 02:16PM
Rick,

For those of us like myself who are recent (2008) newcomers to this site could you summarize a little bit about how this site began? I'm assuming this is an official site created by Yosemite and that you are either a ranger or Yosemite employee of some capacity but don't know any of that for certain. It may actually be a completely private site created by you. Obviously, you either live in the park or very close by.

I enjoy this website tremendously and would just like to know a little bit about its background. It is certainly the place to go if one wants to find out what's going on at or around the park. Thank you for your effort. It is appreciated.

Jim

avatar Re: This website background
December 19, 2008 03:29PM
There's nothing official about this site. I'm just a programmer that loves Yosemite.

December 19, 2008 08:01PM
This site may not be "official." But it should be!

I get as good - if not better - information here as I do from any other similar Yosemite News link. And if you have a question, you'll get some great (and usually quick) answers here. I can't remember how many years I've been coming to this link, but it is in my FAVORITES folder.

Bill
avatar Re: This website background
December 20, 2008 05:38AM
Yes, if I need updates on campground or road openings/closings, HD cable, etc. or the latest news, or just to stay "on top" of what's going on in Yosemite, this is the most reliable place to come.

A great service eeek.

December 22, 2008 12:15PM
This is one of the good things the Internet has done. We now have ways of communicating and sharing information that the bureaucracy won't permit. Can you imagine what it would be like if the NPS ran this site? Thanks eeek for making this board a success!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login