Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Death Valley National Park Announces Change to Summer Services

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Death Valley National Park Announces Change to Summer Services
May 07, 2015 09:56AM
Death Valley National Park announced that hours of operation for the Furnace Creek Visitor Center and Scotty's Castle will be changed for this summer. The Furnace Creek Visitor Center will be open to the public seven days per week from 9:00 am- 6:00 pm beginning on June 14 until October 3, 2015 to better accommodate summer visitors.

Scotty's Castle tour reservations can be made at http://www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777. On the day of the tour, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis at Scotty's Castle.

Furnace Creek Campground will remain the only campground open with reservation capability.The other campgrounds at lower elevations in the park will be closed, while Mahogany, Thorndike, Emigrant, and Wildrose campgrounds will remain open on a first come, first serve basis.Please be mindful of fire restrictions if camping in the park this summer.
Re: Death Valley National Park Announces Change to Summer Services
May 07, 2015 11:36PM
Interesting information. When I read the topic title, I thought for sure that was going to mean less services, not more. I generally stay out of the park between early June and late October.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login