Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

New Design for NPS.gov

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 22, 2016 11:17AM
Over the next several days, the National Park Service is launching a redesign of NPS.gov. While there are no significant changes in content or web addresses (pages you currently use will still be there), the design will be significantly different.

The Washington office is excited about several core pieces (some of which have already been implemented):
  • improved trip-planning experience for people to research travel to national parks
  • updated look, fonts, iconography, and graphical elements that make NPS.gov a recognizable and trusted part of the NPS brand
  • use of structured data—essential information about parks and programs (e.g., locations, operating hours and seasons, contact information, etc.) that can be shared with NPS and external websites, maps, and applications
  • reorganized content on park websites into three main categories: Plan Your Visit, Learn About the Park, and Get Involved
  • a mobile responsive design that provides necessary functionality on all device types
Users may experience delays while loading web pages and park staff may not be able to update web pages this week.
avatar Re: New Design for NPS.gov
March 26, 2016 08:57AM
Just went to the Yosemite page to look up a permit reservation date...I like the new design. In particular, replacing the links on the right with hierarchical menus on the top means I can very quickly navigate to what I specifically want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login