Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite Valley Campground Reservation Memorial Day Weekend May 22-25

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite Valley Campground Reservation Memorial Day Weekend May 22-25
April 16, 2009 12:11AM
Hello,
Please help a man make amends with his girlfriend (I screwed up our reservation). I really need any Yosemite Valley campsite for memorial Day weekend. I am willing to pay a lot for this reservation.
Thanks
Ian
ianshowfan@gmail.com
avatar Re: Yosemite Valley Campground Reservation Memorial Day Weekend May 22-25
April 16, 2009 12:22AM
April 16, 2009 12:25AM
Thanks, but that post is from LAST YEAR, 2008. otherwise would have been AWESOME.
avatar Re: Yosemite Valley Campground Reservation Memorial Day Weekend May 22-25
April 16, 2009 12:26AM
weekapaung
Thanks, but that post is from LAST YEAR, 2008. otherwise would have been AWESOME.

Oops! I didn't see that. But at least you have an idea of where to look.
April 16, 2009 12:28AM
Yea, I have looked and posted on craigslist and looked on ebay. I figured I'd post on some message boards too. Also, since I have an ear, do you know anything about Camp 4??? Like when I'd have to get there on Friday the 22nd to spend the weekend there? Also, do you have to register every day or just the first day?
April 16, 2009 12:39AM
I'd get to Camp 4 about 9 am. But I certainly wouldn't count on getting a site there on Memorial Day Weekend. As a backup if Tioga Pass is open (there's a good chance it will be), you should be able to get a site along Lee Vining Creek if you get there early. If that fails, the forest east of 395 near Mammoth allows camping just about anywhere if you don't build a fire.

Registration at Camp 4 is only done once. At that time you pay for all the nights you plan to stay.
April 16, 2009 12:43AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I better go back to my first request of "can anyone not use their reservation" haha. Thanks. I was thinking if we got there at 7am or so on friday morning, we should be able to get a spot for the weekend, since most people don't have friday off and monday is the holiday.
April 16, 2009 08:47AM
weekapaung
Thanks for the info. I guess I better go back to my first request of "can anyone not use their reservation" haha. Thanks. I was thinking if we got there at 7am or so on friday morning, we should be able to get a spot for the weekend, since most people don't have friday off and monday is the holiday.

There are enough people who probably think like that and try to extend their long weekend. It's worth a try though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login