Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (82% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Lembert Dome

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lembert Dome
July 27, 2023 04:28PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if this trail is open and snow-free from the trailhead on Tioga Road? Is the trailhead open?

Thanks.
Re: Lembert Dome
July 28, 2023 07:16AM
I can't say for certain but based on how recently the Tioga Road opened, I would expect most of the trails up there to still be under lots of snow (or worse, melting snow). I just looked at the current conditions on the Park's website and don't see anything specific about the TM area (other than the winter updates). I'm sure other folks on the board have been in that area recently so I'll let them opine but bear in mind that parking areas may still be under snow and that the trails themselves are likely to be a combination of snow covered and/or flooded.
July 28, 2023 11:32PM
My daughter and I climbed Lembert Dome this afternoon. The meadows are clear. We walked across one of them to see the deer on the other side of the stream. There is no snow on the trail. Just a couple of mosquitos - maybe because there was a breeze even in the trees. No repellent was needed today. There is a little (maybe 15 meters long) patch of snow next to the final section of the dome - it will be gone in two days.

A family reported there are lots of mosquitos at Hog Pond.

A lovely climb!

- Jethro
July 29, 2023 01:53PM
So much for my guesswork! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Glad you had a nice hike and that things are clearing up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login