Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fall Colors in the Sierra

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Fall Colors in the Sierra
September 11, 2009 09:36PM
Just a few more weeks and the aspen will be turning. Where's your favorite place for fall color?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 03:32PM by eeek.
avatar Re: Falls Colors in the Sierra
September 13, 2009 05:22AM
Yosemite Valley.

A few places I love to visit in fall: 1) El Capitan Meadow - especially for sunset. 2) There's a spot by the Merced & North Pines campground that is idyllic (and N. Pines is usually empty by then). 3) Stoneman Meadow. While there isn't a lot of fall color in the trees there that I can remember, the grasses turn yellow and I love the contrast of the yellow grasses with the evergreens on the meadows edge; then Half Dome above.
avatar Re: Fall Colors in the Sierra
September 14, 2009 04:20PM
I could tell you my FAV-O-RITE place but then it would be completely swamped with Marmots.

There are a couple of really nice Aspen spots in the Yosemite Backcountry. Quite a hike to get to them though.
Re: Fall Colors in the Sierra
September 14, 2009 04:51PM
I always liked Eagle Creek/Long Valley off of 108 going up to Sonora Pass. Tons of aspens back there, but the road's crazy bad.
September 14, 2009 04:55PM
AlmostThere
I always liked Eagle Creek/Long Valley off of 108 going up to Sonora Pass. Tons of aspens back there, but the road's crazy bad.

I don't mind the road. It's the people driving it...
September 14, 2009 10:03PM
Of course, Hope Valley. It's magical.smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login