Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Campground Closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 02, 2009 12:05PM
Lower Pines campground has closed for the season.
November 02, 2009 12:45PM
Bill-e-g and I went through Bridalveil Creek Campground this last weekend on a trip to Ostrander. What struck me was that in the short time the place has been closed the tree needles have turned the place into a soft place in great contrast to some overused dust pit. It was almost serene except for the occasional car going by on BP Road.

Old Dude
November 02, 2009 02:49PM
mrcondron
Bill-e-g and I went through Bridalveil Creek Campground this last weekend on a trip to Ostrander. What struck me was that in the short time the place has been closed the tree needles have turned the place into a soft place in great contrast to some overused dust pit. It was almost serene except for the occasional car going by on BP Road.

Porcupine Flat can be very nice early in the summer. Green grass, deer and plenty of bears.
November 02, 2009 04:15PM
Mike, had I known about the limo service there I would have gone too. winking smiley
November 02, 2009 05:14PM
I just don't have 17 miles in my legs very often.

Old Dude
November 02, 2009 05:35PM
mrcondron
I just don't have 17 miles in my legs very often.

The Chick-on won't carry you?
November 03, 2009 09:29AM
I likey Mikey.

I'd carry him anywhere since da eart is flat.

tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 03, 2009 07:59AM
Catalonian Burro
Mike, had I known about the limo service there I would have gone too. winking smiley

Burro Boy - If I can get the ok from GW can provide limo service Sat. to any of:
- Mono Mdw. TH
- Glacier Pt. TH
- May Lake TH
- Sunrise Lakes TH

(return service is an extra charge tho) (to the TH is free)

tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Campground Closed
November 03, 2009 12:48AM
I have a fond memory or two of Bridalveil Creek Campground from 1969-1971. I lived in one of the tents in summer, '70, before I moved into the Badger Pass A-Frame. Taking a shower entailed splitting firewood for the boiler.
November 03, 2009 05:16AM
Dearborn
Taking a shower entailed splitting firewood for the boiler.

Like this?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login