Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Happy Chick-on Day! (from quite possibly the most beautiful place on the planet)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happy Chick-on Day! (from quite possibly the most beautiful place on the planet)
November 25, 2009 08:07AM

Hope you all have a great Turkey Day.
Chickon Boo

Chick-on is looking at you!
avatar Re: Happy Chick-on Day! (from quite possibly the most beautiful place on the planet)
November 25, 2009 08:31AM
Table Lake

Jim
avatar Re: Happy Chick-on Day! (from quite possibly the most beautiful place on the planet)
November 25, 2009 05:32PM
tomdisco
Table Lake

Jim

You got it. Saw grand total of one person from White Wolf to Saddle Horse Lake and back.
This was Sept. 25th of this year.
November 25, 2009 01:49PM
chick-on
Hope you all have a great Turkey Day.
Chickon Boo

Already did.
November 28, 2009 06:00PM
Mikey, you got nothing?

Pretty darn beautiful, eh?

(and coming out of Pate towards Rodgers Canyon, to me, is hands down
the most difficult trail in the park)
(I guess I could take 2 days... but screw that)
November 28, 2009 06:36PM
bill-e-g

Always in a hurry...
November 28, 2009 09:34PM
I'm dumbstruck by the pure beauty and magnificence of it all.

Old Dude
November 29, 2009 10:07PM
Chicky Boy is nearly 20 years old. He's been many many places...
Typically people take pictures of him and like him...
The only disparaging words I've ever heard regarding chick-on have come from a select few on this site.

Here he is in another locale:

btw. I prefer to be called Young Kid. Or Young Buck Stud.
(I'm younger than Busy Bee)
November 29, 2009 10:13PM
Age is good on the stock value = I get older, stronger and fitter.......and the vast majority of females my age just get fat(ER)
November 29, 2009 09:56AM
bill-e-g
Mikey, you got nothing?

Pretty darn beautiful, eh?

(and coming out of Pate towards Rodgers Canyon, to me, is hands down
the most difficult trail in the park)

I wondered about that. Looks like about 2,900' ascent over 4.7 miles between Pate Valley junction and the turn-off to Table Lake. Perhaps the whole PCT/Rodgers Canyon/Grand Canyon loop might be slightly easier going counterclockwise, which also provides uphill view of the falls in the Grand Canyon. But then I suppose a 2,900' descent can be hard on the body also. That loop is on my long range to-do list.
November 29, 2009 11:16AM
I'm thinking that the Park Service cringes every time the Chick-on handler buys a yearly pass to the National Parks.
Is there a separate lane at the Arch Rock Entrance station for Chick-on , et. al.?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
November 29, 2009 11:36AM
And here I thought he was old enough for the lifetime old geezer pass!
November 29, 2009 01:35PM
Chick-on handler is just a puppy.

Old Dude
November 29, 2009 01:43PM
mrcondron

I think that TomDisco was referring to Chick-on being the Old Geezer (puppy is a bit of an exaggeration..but..I guess 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30....!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 01:45PM by Bee.
November 29, 2009 03:40PM
Bee
mrcondron

I think that TomDisco was referring to Chick-on being the Old Geezer (puppy is a bit of an exaggeration..but..I guess 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30....!)

So 8 is the new -2?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
November 29, 2009 03:42PM
Frank Furter
Bee
mrcondron

So 8 is the new -2?

Maybe this will explain it:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 03:45PM by eeek.
November 29, 2009 04:18PM
Bee
mrcondron

Nope, I meant the handler. Anyway, I guess that's why the handler keeps referring to Mike as the old guy.

Jim
November 29, 2009 06:27PM
tomdisco
Bee
mrcondron

Nope, I meant the handler. Anyway, I guess that's why the handler keeps referring to Mike as the old guy.

Jim

I asked another guy with an Old Dude Pass how it was that people in their forties are now considered "young" and he said that it all depends on the age of the person declaring the youth of the other! (does that mean that a 60-year-old is "young" to an 80-year-old??? (btw, I think of 40ish as being middle aged)

B

PS Any idea how old Chick-on is???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 06:31PM by Bee.
November 29, 2009 06:43PM
In chicken years Chick-on should be mummified by now.

Old Dude
November 29, 2009 09:02PM
mrcondron
In chicken years Chick-on should be mummified by now.

Not fossilized?

November 30, 2009 10:22AM
Bee
tomdisco
Bee
mrcondron

Jim

I asked another guy with an Old Dude Pass how it was that people in their forties are now considered "young" and he said that it all depends on the age of the person declaring the youth of the other! (does that mean that a 60-year-old is "young" to an 80-year-old??? (btw, I think of 40ish as being middle aged)

B

PS Any idea how old Chick-on is???

I'm 64 (with Old Dude Pass) but usually don't regard myself as old appearing until I see myself in recent photos. Then I say, "Who the hell is that guy?" In my mind I see myself as something like 45 forever and sometimes think I can do things only a 20 year old would. Thinking like a 20 year old comes in handy when planning once a year hiking trips in Yosemite until I get there and see it up close and personal. Everything is so much bigger and further apart. Then, not even 45 works for very long. There isn't a day that goes by without rethinking the route I've planned for August. I want to cover as much ground as possible, still enjoy it, and exit with body intact. I've gone to great lengths to reduce my pack weight but am now considering toting along a half pound stuffed creature for "where was I" photos! That's the kid in me.tongue sticking out smiley

Jim
November 29, 2009 01:59PM
mrcondron

That explains the excess energy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login