Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lower/North Pines Campgrounds...number of tents?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lower/North Pines Campgrounds...number of tents?
January 04, 2010 09:15PM
Is there a limit to the number of tents per site for Lower Pines and North Pines? I see there is a limit of 6 people and 2 cars, but no limit on tents. I'm just wondering if we can place 2 small tents on a site for 4 people...thanks!!

Julie
avatar Re: Lower/North Pines Campgrounds...number of tents?
January 04, 2010 09:28PM
jmsrmk
Is there a limit to the number of tents per site for Lower Pines and North Pines? I see there is a limit of 6 people and 2 cars, but no limit on tents. I'm just wondering if we can place 2 small tents on a site for 4 people...thanks!!

Julie

Two tents wouldn't be a problem as long as the site has the space for them.
January 05, 2010 08:20AM
No limit on tents. You could possibly even have more tents than people if you wanted. There is a limit of two cars per campsite though. These rules should apply to all standard campsites. There are probably different rules for double and group campsites.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campregs.htm

A maximum of six people (including children) are allowed per campsite. There is no limit on the number of tents (as long as they all fit into the campsite).

A maximum of two vehicles are allowed per campsite. Both vehicles must be parked on the parking pad. Additional parking is available near each campground for no additional charge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 08:20AM by y_p_w.
Re: Lower/North Pines Campgrounds...number of tents?
January 14, 2010 04:56AM
Thanks "eeek" and "ypw". I had looked and couldn't find mention on number of tents, but right there it is!

My family has been staying in the Housekeeping Cabins over Memorial Day weekend since before I was born and my mom always handled the registrations but has since handed them over to my older sister. Well we decided to to move the dates to late June and somehow they were unable to procure any cabins.

So now we're going to attempt to make reservations for tent camping and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so I'm ready on Feb. 15th!

Thanks again!

Julie
January 14, 2010 08:48AM
jmsrmk
Thanks "eeek" and "ypw". I had looked and couldn't find mention on number of tents, but right there it is!

My family has been staying in the Housekeeping Cabins over Memorial Day weekend since before I was born and my mom always handled the registrations but has since handed them over to my older sister. Well we decided to to move the dates to late June and somehow they were unable to procure any cabins.

So now we're going to attempt to make reservations for tent camping and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so I'm ready on Feb. 15th!

Thanks again!

Julie

Have fun. I got shut out last Feb 15, although I suspect there were some software programming glitches that prevented me (and others) from moving on. The Recreation.gov website was listing some sites as still available, but when it came time to reserve the message "Inventory Unavailable" was displayed. I didn't quickly move on to other choices as a result.

I just moved it to March 15 for July reservations and it went much more smoothly. My first choice site wasn't available, but I quickly moved on to another one in a minute.

Even if you're not going to reserve for May 15-June 14, perhaps you can take a look at the system tomorrow morning as a "dry run". You could get a feel for how fast the campsites get reserved. What I did was to get logged in first and have the site selected. I then homed in on my watch (that had been synched) and tried to reserve a second after my second hand said it was 7 AM. The reservation system is synched precisely with official time. I remember some FAQ where one question was if people could get a jump start by setting their own computer's clock ahead. If you don't get your first choice, you need to move on quickly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login