Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Camping at Wawona and Open Day Hikes - Tomorrow!!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Camping at Wawona and Open Day Hikes - Tomorrow!!!
April 06, 2010 12:38PM
Howdy,
I'm leaving for Wawona campground in the early morning and was wondering if anyone knows of current conditions there right now...snow on the ground? Also it looks like some of the day hikes we had planned won't be accessible because of the snow...any suggestions on day hikes that will be open both in the valley and near Wawona where snow won't be an issue (6-12 miles, hopefully no more than 2000ft elevation gain)? We'll be there for 2 days only and was looking to do one day in the Valley (was wanting to do the Mist trail) and one day in Southern Yosemite, any advice helps.
Thanks!
April 06, 2010 01:02PM
April 06, 2010 03:20PM
Alder Creek Falls - trailhead just a few miles north of the campground. 5800', probably too much snow.

Foresta Falls is lower, guaranteed no crowds. PM me for details on the right way to do it...
avatar Re: Camping at Wawona and Open Day Hikes - Tomorrow!!!
April 07, 2010 10:16AM
wagga
Foresta Falls is lower, guaranteed no crowds. PM me for details on the right way to do it...

Johny needs to be told that there are falls even further down the road.

No crowds cause the hiking sux on the road.
Peeps buying a book with Little Nellie and Foresta in them are probably swearing.

Yeah, they're nice and all but the hike to them blows.

Chick-on is looking at you!
avatar Re: Camping at Wawona and Open Day Hikes - Tomorrow!!!
April 06, 2010 03:43PM
JAVMP - great pic! Was the trail up to Vernal Falls also covered in snow? We aren't really prepared for snow hiking as we don't have waterproof footwear. Wagga thanks for the heads up on those trails, I'll have to look into Alder Creek Falls, also looking at Chilnualna Falls but I'm afraid it's snow covered...since we'll mainly be in S. Yosemite as well as the Valley I don't think we'll be heading back through the Hetch Hetchy way till our way back to the Bay Area so Foresta Falls will have to wait.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login