Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Advanced

Just back from North Rim

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Just back from North Rim
June 20, 2010 08:59PM
I did the North Rim from Mirror Lakes to El Cap and back down Yosemite Falls Trail from June 13-16.

Thanks for all the tips I received on this message board. We started on the 13th going up from Mirror Lakes to Snow Creek. That is one heck of a climb! After we got to the top I couldn't believe we only had climbed a few miles, then again we gained 3000+ feet. We camped near Snow Creek on the ledge overlooking the Valley. It was a specular view that we shared with a few deer that joined us for the evening. The creek was more like a raging river. The amount of water was impressive. The next day we hiked to Eagle Peak. There was plenty of snow patches but it was all hard packed and it was very easy to follow the trail from previous foot tracks. We didn't come across many hikers until we reached Yosemite Point. Then it was crowded with day hikers until we passed Yosemite Falls Trail. We did lose the trail once from Yos Falls to Eagle Peak but my iphone with gaia loaded saved us. We then camped 2 nights at Eagle Peak. The views were awesome. The next day we day hiked to El Cap. We scampered down to the ledge of El Cap and had lunch there. A Korean rock climbing group came up the wall while we were there; they had been on the wall for 3 nights. that night we returned to Eagle Peak and then the next morning we awoke early to catch sunrise and came down via Yosemite Falls Trail. We started early enough that we didn't see too many crowds until we were most of the way down.

the next day we did a rafting trip on the middle american river... the water was running huge!

all in all a fantastic trip. thanks for all the tips i got off this site...
avatar Re: Just back from North Rim
June 21, 2010 07:00AM
Very cool. Thanks for the update. Glad you had a nice time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login