Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Is Yosemite Really Busier on the Weekend?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Is Yosemite Really Busier on the Weekend?
June 22, 2010 12:41PM
I fully expect the Vallley & Glacier Point etc. to be crowded however is there a noticeable difference w/r/t vehicular traffic and campsite availability on Saturday/Sunday vs Monday? FYI I'm talking about this coming weekend.

Thanks
avatar Re: Is Yosemite Really Busier on the Weekend?
June 22, 2010 07:44PM
Sunday night isn't as bad as Friday night and Saturday night in regard to campsites. The road traffic is heavier on the weekends but don't let that deter you.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 07:44PM by mrcondron.
June 23, 2010 12:15PM
Honestly it really doesn't matter at this point. IT'S BUSY here.
June 23, 2010 10:46PM
Last year, we were at Yosemite on all of the major holidays: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day....and the story is always the same: While the Valley roads are irritatingly clogged, as soon as you step foot outside the Valley floor (and the popular trails righthere) the crowds thin on even the busiest of holiday weekends.

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
June 23, 2010 11:15PM
Yes. Get away from the valley for sure! Hit trails up and above, leave early and come back after the traffic subsides. I have to say I have not seen the valley this congested and crowded since I've been here. To see traffic backed up along the Ahwahnee Meadow bumper to bumper with no movement on a Monday 3 weeks after Memorial Day is incredible. But please come and enjoy! And good luck with finding a spot to camp!
June 24, 2010 08:29AM
highsierra1
Yes. Get away from the valley for sure! Hit trails up and above, leave early and come back after the traffic subsides. I have to say I have not seen the valley this congested and crowded since I've been here. To see traffic backed up along the Ahwahnee Meadow bumper to bumper with no movement on a Monday 3 weeks after Memorial Day is incredible. But please come and enjoy! And good luck with finding a spot to camp!

I'm guessing the high water this Spring is a big contributing factor to the increased crowds.
June 24, 2010 07:52PM
On the July 4th weekend - stay out of the park. IF you can get into the Valley, expect the loop to take several hours of stop and go traffic. Saturday will be the worst.

I'm going to check out the Sierra Vista Scenic Byway that weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login