Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fall colors in the Valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Fall colors in the Valley
November 01, 2010 03:16PM
Anybody have a reading on the fall colors in the
Valley this year?. Normally they peak the last week of October but Sierra colors peaking seem to be about a week later this year. A good reading is the Oak Tree grove along Yosemite creek south of Hump Back bridge near the Superintendents old residence. Winds have stripped the Eastern Sierras of leaves, but how does it look in the Valley?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 03:21PM by mtn man.
avatar Re: Fall colors in the Valley
November 07, 2010 07:31AM
It's really really good right now. Maybe it peaked about a week ago.
Phenominally better than 2 weeks ago. Get your butt there now.
They are falling fast...

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 07, 2010 03:21PM
November 07, 2010 05:16PM
I'm unloading 8 Gb of photos from this weekend right now. Colors are great - lots of bright yellows and reds in the dogwoods. Once I get through some I'll try to post 'em here. But as the poultry said, they will be gone soon. This storm isn't gonna help. Although the muted grey sky and light rain this morning really helped the colors shine...
November 09, 2010 01:31PM
Adding photos:

November 6: Turtleback Dome view - some nice oranges in the foreground

November 6: Looking down/across from Sierra Point

November 6: Somewhere along the Merced

November 7: Managed to sneak some shots from the Old Big Oak Flat Road before the clouds completely obstructed the view. I was struck by the tiny patches of bright yellow and red dotting the landscape. It's hard to see in the photos I took - just had my small camera (Panasonic LX3) on this hike - kept the DLSR put away due to the rain.
November 10, 2010 07:32AM
Calipidder,

Way cool. Thanks for posting these.

Have you looked at the webcams lately (or been up there)? So I think we really lucked out. grinning smiley
November 18, 2010 09:05PM
mtn man
Anybody have a reading on the fall colors in the Valley this year?.

There's still some left. But the storm that's coming will probably remove the leaves.
November 20, 2010 05:16PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login