Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Curry Village Pizza deck, menu?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Curry Village Pizza deck, menu?
December 14, 2010 08:42AM
Does anyone know if they serve salads and other typical food found at a pizza place like pasta? Or is it just pizza?
December 14, 2010 08:48AM
The pizza is edible, though the crust tastes like cardboard. That's about the only thing they sell there. The place right next-door (but indoors), sells bar food and has some good Nachos, fries and speciality beers. There's also a place right outside the store in Curry Village that sells burritos and tacos. I would not recommend that food at all.
avatar Re: Curry Village Pizza deck, menu?
December 14, 2010 05:31PM
Ulysses61
The pizza is edible, though the crust tastes like cardboard. That's about the only thing they sell there. The place right next-door (but indoors), sells bar food and has some good Nachos, fries and speciality beers. There's also a place right outside the store in Curry Village that sells burritos and tacos. I would not recommend that food at all.

Well I just wanted to point out that they serve the pizza on a cardboard- that said, I *did* try it without the cardboard and fully agree that it tastes like cardboard. smiling smiley
December 14, 2010 08:39PM
Catalonian Burro
Ulysses61

Well I just wanted to point out that they serve the pizza on a cardboard- that said, I *did* try it without the cardboard and fully agree that it tastes like cardboard. smiling smiley

Is that crust a central part of the Yosemite cardboard recycling program?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
December 14, 2010 08:56PM
Frank Furter
Is that crust a central part of the Yosemite cardboard recycling program?

Or is it just toxic waste?
December 15, 2010 07:33AM
I enjoyed the pizza at Curry and at the Loft.
IMCO it is WAY better than The Pizza Factory which somehow gets rave reviews...
And PF doesn't have a bear to ride:

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 15, 2010 08:25AM
chick-on
I enjoyed the pizza at Curry and at the Loft.
IMCO it is WAY better than The Pizza Factory which somehow gets rave reviews...

NEWS FLASH:
Pizza at Curry and The Loft is recommended as chicken food.
(Remember, you heard it here first.)
December 15, 2010 09:53AM
I prefer The Loft's pizza, it has a better crust. But overall, I enjoyed both.
December 14, 2010 08:56AM
Thanks, I've eaten their pizza, like you said, it's ok. The taco place is closed in winter, as well as their buffet, so I am just trying to sort out our food options for our trip next week.
December 14, 2010 05:24PM
hotrod,
http://www.yosemitepark.com/Dining_CurryVillageArea.aspx

Says pretty much everything is closed... is that really true?

December 14, 2010 05:49PM
Chick on, I downloaded the newest Yosemite Guide and it says the CV pizza deck opens Dec 17th from 5pm to 9pm and starting Dec 22, from Noon to 9pm through Jan 2nd. I assume that is for the anticipated holiday crowd, after that it will be open Fri and Sat in Jan and Feb. The buffet is closed, as is the Taco bar. The coffee corner is open similar dates from 7 am to 11 am.

Food court at the Lodge is still open as well as the Mountain Room restaurant and lounge.
December 15, 2010 12:38PM
I hate to pull a Siskel and Ebert, but I have to disagree with Chick-On. True we were hungry but this donkey still has discriminating tastes and, although the Pizza was edible and warm, I can't give it more than 2 stars. Sorry.
December 15, 2010 01:59PM
Cannalonian Burrito, it is true you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

December 15, 2010 03:11PM
The Loft pizza is OK.

Old Dude
December 15, 2010 04:01PM
mrcondron
The Loft pizza is OK.

For what use?
December 15, 2010 04:23PM
It's actually edible. The goat eats it.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 04:23PM by mrcondron.
December 15, 2010 04:42PM
mrcondron
It's actually edible. The goat eats it.

They offer goat approved toppings?
December 15, 2010 08:25PM
Name one Goat disapproved topping!

Old Dude
December 15, 2010 08:34PM
mrcondron

Perhaps this: http://tinyurl.com/38fnack
December 15, 2010 08:37PM
eeek
mrcondron

Perhaps this: http://tinyurl.com/38fnack

Or http://www.ske-art.com/skestuff9/B000YFNMVU
December 15, 2010 08:49PM
You should see his teeth when he drives with his head hanging out the window. What's a few crickets?

Old Dude
December 15, 2010 08:56PM
mrcondron
You should see his teeth when he drives with his head hanging out the window. What's a few crickets?

The bugs use this mug?
December 15, 2010 08:48PM
Found between his toes. Thus far he hasn't had a problem with the edibility of it.

Old Dude
December 15, 2010 08:50PM
mrcondron
Found between his toes. Thus far he hasn't had a problem with the edibility of it.

Sigh. You aren't making this easy. But I enjoy the challenge!

December 15, 2010 10:08PM
eeek

You forgot the TOBASCO Sauce.
December 15, 2010 10:43PM
szalkowski
eeek

You forgot the TOBASCO Sauce.

And... the cardboard! lol.
December 15, 2010 04:43PM
mrcondron
The Loft pizza is OK.

I'll ditto that. I had two pleasant experiences in the Loft last summer, and one years before when it was employee only.
I'm glad they've opened it up to the public. I've always been critical of the food offerings in the valley. It's a worthy addition.
December 17, 2010 08:34AM
qumqats
mrcondron
The Loft pizza is OK.

I've always been critical of the food offerings in the valley.

I want the affordable family style resturant back that used to exist until the early 70's when it got replaced by McDonalds or Burger King. Don't want much do I?
December 17, 2010 09:06AM
tomdisco
qumqats
mrcondron
The Loft pizza is OK.

I've always been critical of the food offerings in the valley.

I want the affordable family style resturant back that used to exist until the early 70's when it got replaced by McDonalds or Burger King. Don't want much do I?
We've got a place in my town called the Sundowner. They are very inexpensive, how about a sirloin steak dinner for $5? They are cash only, have no waiters and you have to pick up your own food from the chef. But the food is really good. The portions are smaller, but they are still filling (Americans have been overeating for years anyway, these sizes are more like what you got at a restaurant in the 50s and 60s). If you want a salad it's an extra $1.79 and of course you still have to pay for a drink. We drink water and get the salad, so the two of us can eat for less than $15. They have a huge menu with all kinds of beef, chicken, pork and seafood choices. http://sundownersfamilyrestaurant.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 09:08AM by hotrod4x5.
March 27, 2011 12:00AM
Swing by the market in Yosemite; there is food there too, probably much better, or Curry Village.
December 15, 2010 06:04PM
hotrod4x5
Does anyone know if they serve salads and other typical food found at a pizza place like pasta? Or is it just pizza?

Yes, they serve pre-packaged salads, hot dogs, and also chili.

Their pizza is fine, definitely better than Dominoes or Pizza Hut, but avoid the chili -- it's mostly made up of flavorless beans.

- Peter
December 18, 2010 06:03AM
All this talk about food reminds me of this quote:

Most expeditions have some story about their food and attitudes to it vary from the haute cuisine of some French expeditions to the blunt assertion of Tilman, the famous eccentric and explorer, that he did not mind as long as there was some.
Joe Tasker, Everest the Cruel Way, page 158
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login