Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mist Trail Opens

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 28, 2011 01:25PM
The Mist Trail to Vernal Fall is open for the season. Visitors are encouraged to use the Mist Trail rather than the John Muir trail due to snow, ice, and debris along the John Muir Trail.
April 28, 2011 01:51PM
My wife went up two days ago and had to jump the gate. Glad to hear it's open.
April 28, 2011 02:13PM
Tom F.
My wife went up two days ago and had to jump the gate.

Did you run into any ice?
April 28, 2011 08:08PM
My dear wife went about half way up from the gate to the bottom of Vernal Falls. She did not experience or see any ice.

Tom
April 30, 2011 12:04AM
Can't wait! Thanks eeek.
April 30, 2011 09:37AM
I guess this is out of the question with a family member with a wheelchair. Maybe when grandpa is resting, I will get some alone time and I can go up the Mist Trail!
April 30, 2011 12:30PM
I've actually seen wheelchairs pass the Mist Trail, but I am not exactly sure how they got there.
April 30, 2011 02:34PM
Sherry
I've actually seen wheelchairs pass the Mist Trail, but I am not exactly sure how they got there.

And they aren't supposed to go past the bridge.
May 09, 2011 08:41AM
Well, I will leave grandpa back at camp so I can cross the bridge :-).
April 30, 2011 05:56PM
I am going to try to make this hike during my Day Trip. How far up can I go with around 3 hours round-trip.
May 01, 2011 01:57AM
katie
I am going to try to make this hike during my Day Trip. How far up can I go with around 3 hours round-trip.

To Vernal Fall and back with no problem. It's just over a mike from Happy Isle to the top of Vernal Fall so if you take a shuttle to get as close to Happy Isle as possible that will keep the hike to it's shortest. I'm not sure where you would have to park your car and how much longer the hike would be if you started from your parked car.

Old Dude
May 06, 2011 02:10PM
Great! Very excited about my trip in a little over a month. I need to stay in shape.. and try to see Vernal.
May 06, 2011 01:27AM
You should be able to get to Vernal Falls, and maybe even see part of Neveda. Time it and turn around anytime you want.
May 04, 2011 11:16AM
There are some very steep sections BEFORE the bridge. Sure, it's paved, but I would be scared to push a wheel chair on that trail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login