Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Yosemite National Park to Waive Entrance Fees on Tuesday, June 21

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite National Park to Waive Entrance Fees on Tuesday, June 21
June 18, 2011 01:00PM
Date: June 16, 2011

Free Day Marks First Day of Summer

Yosemite National Park will offer free entrance on Tuesday, June 21, 2011. This fee free day is a great opportunity for people to visit and enjoy Yosemite National Park on the first official day of summer.

Fees being waived for June 21 include only the fees associated with entrance into Yosemite National Park. All other fees associated with camping, lodging or activities within the park are not waived. The fee waiver is good for June 21, 2011 only.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/feefreejune21.htm
avatar Re: Yosemite National Park to Waive Entrance Fees on Tuesday, June 21
June 18, 2011 01:09PM
plawrence
All other fees associated with camping, lodging or activities within the park are not waived.

What? I don't get to stay free at the Ahwahnee?
Re: Yosemite National Park to Waive Entrance Fees on Tuesday, June 21
June 18, 2011 03:09PM
eeek
plawrence
All other fees associated with camping, lodging or activities within the park are not waived.

Not everyone got it, but we were part of the lottery and we got our free stay. Kinda nice, 5 days & 4 nights, I ws only expecting 1 night. We were the lucky ones.
avatar Re: Yosemite National Park to Waive Entrance Fees on Tuesday, June 21
June 18, 2011 03:15PM
eeek
plawrence

Don't know if DNC ever has "free days" for any of their in park lodging, though if you're on their mailing list, some years (like this year) they offer some real good discounts for staying at the Lodge or Curry Village during the winter season. My family and I stayed five days at the Yosemite Lodge in February for only $89/night and that included a free full breakfast for two people per room at the food court (a $13.50 value per person).

But it would have been very nice and cool if on Tuesday, June 21, the Park Service had decided to open up a couple of the first-come, first-served campgrounds like Bridalveil and White Wolf for the summer season and offer free camping for that one night. That would have been so sweet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login