Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: sucked in..

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

sucked in..
August 02, 2011 10:56AM
I absolutely love this forum!

Unfortunately, I tend to get sucked in for hours catching up and viewing all the great photos posted. This is bad for my job, good for my soul..... virtual hiking so to speak.

This year I will not make it out hiking anywhere, even though I am still trying to beg hubby to drive in for one day of hiking. We bought a fixer upper in Oregon (8 hour commute) so I have a bit of the forest, but it's not the same. Maybe when we get to a good point at the house, we can take the time, but for now, I will continue to spend alot of time hacking out blackberry bushs.

Just wanted to show my appreciation and thanks for a great web
site!
August 02, 2011 11:04AM
Your not alone with the "sucked in" predicament. Absolutely my favorite website!
August 02, 2011 11:13AM
I think you need to seek help... Something must be wrong with you.

I'm trying... but dang, it's a drug.

(at least I nearly quit all other forums... and also quit using facebook)
(so there is some hope)

Chick-on is looking at you!
August 02, 2011 11:29AM

I think I posted the photo link right...this is my back yard in Oregon so I can't complain too much..

Chick-on..never quit!

bynicholas...by far my favorite also!
August 02, 2011 11:31AM

okay...second time a charm. I'm not computer smart at the whole photo deal!
August 02, 2011 11:39AM
So where can we pitch our tents (probably need lots of deet though)?? Lovely...

Yes, I have been following this forum for years. I get lost for hours looking at pictures and reading dialogue about chickens and goats smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 11:40AM by robinjayp.
August 02, 2011 11:45AM
robinjayp..so far you need none. Which surprises me, but a happy surprise so far!
August 02, 2011 01:06PM
nightsklabs, now what was that address? Leave some room for me.

Thank God for this website to keep me entertained today. They are grinding the road in front of our house so I am stuck here until after 4 pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 01:17PM by parklover.
August 02, 2011 01:15PM
I come to the forum for the chicken recipes. BTW nightsklabs --I too have an 8 hour commute to Yosemite--by plane!
August 02, 2011 02:26PM
Jalan
I too have an 8 hour commute to Yosemite--by plane!

You just need a faster plane:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/weird/sr71chickon.jpg.html
August 02, 2011 05:37PM
So Chick was too tired to take 4 mile to Glacier Point?
August 02, 2011 05:56PM
Jalan
So Chick was too tired to take 4 mile to Glacier Point?

Possibly. But you can see how he covers so much of the park in so little time.
August 02, 2011 05:58PM
I guess if I have to commute, I'm glad I go by car. Great views of Mt. Shasta, and I'm determined to stop at Castle Craigs one day really soon! But I would not be opposed to shorten the time any way possible. smiling smiley

Love the pic chick-on
August 02, 2011 07:00PM
nightsklabs
hacking out blackberry bushes.

I have a cousin in Washington just south of Seattle. She has a couple of acres in the woods and I've helped with the blackberries. Six foot chainsaws work best. smiling smiley

Old Dude
August 03, 2011 07:43AM
Blackberries....ARRRGGGHHH!!! I've twice worked to remove blackberries in Yosemite Valley on corporate 'Volunteer in Parks' weekends. Very hard work but rewarding to see the area looking like a real meadow a couple years later. They probably started as Mr. Lamon's berry patch.
August 03, 2011 09:02AM
We used our back hoe to clear enough out that I could get into the patches and cut them out at the base of the stalks. But if I had any clue how to operate a chainsaw, I would have not been opposed to trying that method. smiling smiley heeheehee...

I think my arms will be scarred for life from what it takes to get in there and cut them out! The worst though is when they slap you across the face or neck, especially if they are dead.

The effort is definately worth the result. grinning smiley
August 23, 2011 06:57PM
I wish I had some of those blackberry patches in my backyard. Blackberry pie, blackberry cobbler, blackberries in my cereal, blackberries out of the bucket. YUM!!
August 23, 2011 07:14PM
I remember a sea kayak trip around Chipps Island, where Suisun Bay starts to become the Delta. During the height of blackberry season, and with a high tide (so I could easily reach blackberries above the bay mud). That was delicious.
August 23, 2011 07:31PM
Ironic, I just bought a blackberry plant today...although I'm well aware thats not something you plant and forget about.

To the original poster, I actually spend more time on here during the winter time than the summer, but it can definitely be a time killer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login