Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: TM Campground first come sites

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM Campground first come sites
August 03, 2011 05:49PM
We are doing our yearly trek to the TM campground mid August. We always arrive at 7am, and get a site.
Anybody know how the line at the TM office has been this year?
August 04, 2011 04:38AM
Ranger said it's bad all week these days. We were on the waiting list (come back at 2 pm) standing by for sites as people left the campground. Two of us got there before 7 am.
August 04, 2011 09:45AM
Check the recreation.gov site daily, over and over as much as you can. I managed to get 4 days reserved up there two weeks ago that way. Even though each site was a different size, made at different times, at check in, they just gave us the same site for all 4 nights.
August 04, 2011 12:18PM
hotrod4x5
Check the recreation.gov site daily, over and over as much as you can.

I have to agree with hotrod. As a matter of fact, reading this post reminded me that I still needed a reservation for next Thursday night. I just went on the website and, lo and behold, there was an opening. I did my whole next week piecemeal: Tuesday (RV), then Monday(RV), then Wednesday (RV), now Thursday(tent). Note: We will be in a tent.

Thanks for the reminder!
August 04, 2011 04:25PM
Another tip, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, is that I always put in a range of days, then state that my stay is ONE night only. That way all sites that are free show up. I believe if you input your stay as 3 nights, then only sites that are available for 3 consecutive nights show up. If you see all your dates available this way, but different types of sites, just reserve one, then go back, reserve another, go back, etc, etc. And like I said, at check in, show them your printouts for all days and ask for one site for the entire stay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 04:25PM by hotrod4x5.
August 04, 2011 12:31PM
Me too. I got what I need for next week. Picked up 3 reservations for 5 nights in a row over the last few days. Ready to roll.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login