Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Happy Thanksgiving
November 22, 2011 06:40AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May you have a safe holiday full of food, fun and family.
November 22, 2011 07:10AM
A Berry Happi Turkey Day Two Ewe Two!

(wasn't gonna post that this year... there was not much response the two previous years)
(and I have no idea why that is) (too busy looking at my drumb sticks?)

2010:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,30052

2009:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,20415

(and no, I'm not usually in a straight jacket the other 351 days)
Chick-on is looking at you!

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
November 22, 2011 07:30AM
Merry Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for my two epic trips to Yosemite this year---first time summits of Clouds Rest, Half Dome and Mt. Dana. I am also thankful I found this Forum and finally am thankful for Curry Village Pizza!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2011 07:31AM by chicagocwright.
November 22, 2011 12:31PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Yosemite Lovers!

I am so thankful for all that I have, but in regards to Yosemite, here's my list!

I am thankful for having visted Yosemite in all 4 Seasons this year (February, June, Sept, Oct)
I am thankful that I saw Yosemite in a state of peace (very few tourists) in February. What magnificent and powerful silence!
I am thankful that I saw the falls in June in their full glory. No words can describe the beauty and awe that they provided for all.
I am thankful I was able to take my 71 year old Mother and 73 year old Aunt for their first visit in September. The look on their faces at Glacier Point is something I will treasure forever.
I am thankful that I was also able to take my sister there on her 50th birthday for my first backcountry hike (Glen Aulin, aka Glen "AWESOME"winking smiley. We placed 3rd in the Best Yosemite "High Five" contest!
I am thankful I saw my first bear on the Taft Point/Sentinel Dome Trail (Oct) and that it briefly said hello and scampered off before I passed out!

I am thankful that I discovered this board, the resources here are wonderful people that I feel understand the awe and obsession that Yosemite holds upon those who visit this great space.

Many blessing to each of you.
November 22, 2011 06:59PM
Happy Turkey Day to you! I'm looking at the Friday+ forecast and thinking Black Friday will be spent getting a wilderness permit and hiking (got my 0 degree bag out just in case).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login