Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Where to Propose? (PLEASE ANSWER)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Where to Propose? (PLEASE ANSWER)
April 12, 2012 07:35AM
Poll
136 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Where to dooz it?

OK, please vote. Where would you recommend?
The guy wants a nice somewhat quiet place that is perhaps a little bit of a trek but
not a killer to pops the question.
All the people that peruse this forum and never say anything.... please at least vote.
If you have a story... do tell.

I kinda want to take them to Sierra Pt. Lead them up there and then leave them alone.
Other high on my list is Sentinel Dome, Inspiration Pt., Pothole, and the simple xcountry
trek to Illiouette Ridge.
Assume the girl in question is girly girl.

Tanks
(btw... dis romantic birdy got married in Las Vegas 19 yrs ago)
(me feathers are turning grey)

Chick-on is looking at you!

April 12, 2012 08:03AM
Tough call.

Likely somewhere where there are as few people around as possible, who'll distract from the moment, get in the way, see what you're doing and say things, etc....

Taft Point, perhaps? Artist's Point?

Or wait until the road's open and climb Lembert together before the crowds hit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 08:03AM by tanngrisnir3.
avatar Re: Where to Propose? (PLEASE ANSWER)
April 12, 2012 08:09AM
That's why I put Pothole. It's a really simple little trek up with a really great view with trivial way to get away from everyone.

But yes, that was the criteria. No throngs of people sticking beak in.

The proposing at sporting events. Well... unless the g/f is the number one fan... then... yeah, I don't get it.

April 12, 2012 08:11AM
Feel free to post your answer with reasoning.

If there isn't at least 100 votes over a few days I will be hugely disappointed.

April 12, 2012 09:09AM
chick-on
That's why I put Pothole. It's a really simple little trek up with a really great view with trivial way to get away from everyone.

But yes, that was the criteria. No throngs of people sticking beak in.

The proposing at sporting events. Well... unless the g/f is the number one fan... then... yeah, I don't get it.

Oh, sorry! Duh.... Overlooked that you put Pothole.
April 12, 2012 08:25AM
I voted for Pothole Dome because of the ease of the hike. If she is a girly girl like you say, go for low impact and high reward. It's an easy hike and it would be easy to find a secluded spot overlooking the meadow. I have always thought this was a really special place.

A short hike over to where the Tuolumne River starts it's cascade would be a nice side adventure too. I've taken my family for picnic lunches there more than once. It's private and really peaceful.

I proposed to my wife 17 years ago in the woods, in deep snow on the backside of Northstar during a ski vacation. A private, beautiful natural setting is the way to go!

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
April 12, 2012 08:40AM
My first thought was Sentinel Dome before I even read through all the choices. It is like Glacier Point just more private.
April 12, 2012 08:54AM
It was a toss up between "don't do it" and "elsewhere". I kind of like Valley View.... but for my tastes, it's definitely the Curry Pizza deck.
April 12, 2012 09:30AM
Dave
It was a toss up between "don't do it" and "elsewhere". I kind of like Valley View.... but for my tastes, it's definitely the Curry Pizza deck.

Chick-On I need to change my vote. I can't believe I didn't suggest this first! Do it at midnight when the only watchers will be the raccoons.
April 12, 2012 08:40AM
I voted for Sentinel Dome for the same reasons as Pothole. It was one of my first Yosemite hikes outside the Valley and we had the Dome to ourselves.
April 12, 2012 09:05AM
We (family decision) voted for Rainbow View, but with a caveat, as the real vote was the Old Wagon Road, potentially getting all the way to Rainbow View but likely not. The road itself is not very steep, there is pretty much nobody there. There are so many places to stop along the way in case the hiking becomes less than fun...stop anywhere where the road is wide, you have a great view of Bridalveil (seems appropriate), El Cap, and a peak at Half Dome, and can set out a couple of chairs, have a picnic, open a bottle of champagne and pop the question.
It's also a place you can still get back to on your 40th or 50th anniversary.
April 12, 2012 09:23AM
I voted for Taft point. Easy to get to and relatively quiet. Take them out to the "point" then go back to the rails and use your telephoto lens to take a pic at the magic moment.wink
April 12, 2012 09:50AM
My husband proposed to me on the beach in front of the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego. We will be married 24 years on Monday.

I picked Sentinel Dome because it is easy to hike to and has a great view. Sunset would be a good time. You also can get a good phone signel up there so you can let all of your friends know immediately what is the answer. Since she is a girly girl a nice touch would be to hide a single rose in your back pack and bring it out and then get down on one knee and ask.
April 12, 2012 11:38AM
I don't know about his budget, but if he is willing to spend some money, a very romantic spot perfect for a girly girl would be at an end of a late lunch in the Ahwahnee Dining Room, hopefully at a table with a nice view of Half Dome. If he is willing to spend major bucks, have them stay overnight at an Ahwahnee cottage that has a view of Half Dome or Yosemite Falls, and have him propose after a room-service brunch (or early dinner around sunset) served on the small patio outside of their cottage.

For more economical locations not listed among your choices, one would be along the south bank of the Merced River on the other side of Cook's Meadow lined up with the Hutchings' Cut of Lower Yosemite Falls. They can get to that spot by walking along the south bank of the Merced starting near Sentinel Bridge.

Another romantic spot, for obvious reasons, would be in front of the "Faithful Couple" Giant Sequoia trees in the Mariposa Grove.

Or maybe after a nice picnic in Bridalveil Meadow at a spot with a nice view of Bridalveil Fall and El Capitan. (Note that the proposal might be captured from a distance from those taking photos at the Valley View turnout).

April 12, 2012 11:47AM
Oops. Not the first time I've called Cook's Clark's. Argh!!!

I will show him this thread ... so any and all ideas greatly welcomed.

And those are all great. I already told him my top suggestion would be Sunset/Moonrise atop Sentinel
but that he should just play it by ear and "the moment" may just happen somewhere else.

Tanks

April 12, 2012 12:23PM
My only concern about sunset at Sentinel Dome is that it won't be very private (unless done sometime in autumn). During spring and summer while Glacier Point Road is open there will always be quite a few people on top of Sentinel Dome just to watch the sunset from that location, including a number of families with young children (during the summer months) whose kids might inadvertently interrupt the moment.

For a private spot that rarely has anyone there with a nice view of the Yosemite Valley, I would suggest the northern flank of Turtleback Dome off to the side of Wawona Road. They would just need to park at the very western portion of the pullout and cross Wawona Road for a super easy three minute hike to the top of the northern flank of Turtleback Dome.

April 12, 2012 12:55PM
What about somewhere on the loop trail around Tenaya Lake? Or Gaylor Lakes if a little more adventurous?
April 12, 2012 01:19PM
Didn't actually vote because my first choice is only implicitly listed: If you're looking for beautiful, easy and deserted, that certainly seems to point to one of the old roads. Old Wawona between BVF and IP is probably the easiest although there's a stretch that goes off of Henness Ridge Road and heads south for a few miles that's even easier and more quiet (although it'll be forest views rather than Valley views). If choosing the BVF-IP stretch, I think Artist Point is a much better view than IP.

We're usually in Yosemite either for my wife's birthday or our anniversary (and yes, if we didn't live on the other side of the country, we'd routinely be there for both!) and I frequently stuff one of her gifts in my Camelback, get a little ahead of her on one of the roads and "hide" it somewhere in plain sight. Even then, I sometimes have to subtly direct her attention to the right spot but this one never fails to please. One of my favorite times was actually not on one of the old roads, however: We got up early to catch sunrise from Sentinel Dome. There was still quite a bit of snow on the trail, however, we strayed a bit, and ended up on another dome just below Sentinel. It was completely covered in snow and there was nobody there so her gift, wrapped in bright red paper, looked particularly magical sitting in the snow in front of a large boulder where the first rays of morning sun gradually revealed it (albeit that the paper was a bit soggy by then!).

Barring an old road approach, I think Pothole is a great choice as well. I've not made it up to Sierra Point yet (although it's on the list for my next visit) but, based on what I've seen posted, that seems like a great choice to (provide you've got the chick-on to guide you up the right way!). I also like the thought of Rainbow View but, depending on JUST what "girly girl" means, all the scrambling to get there (assuming you go up from the Valley) may be too much for her.

And chick-on, kudos to you (you old cupid!) for orchestrating the special event!
April 12, 2012 01:30PM
Pothole Dome could be a great location, except for one might-not-be-so minor detail: mosquitos!

Depending on the time of year, the mosquitos can be quite prevalent and agressive (think clouds of them) around and on Pothole Dome. I know this from personal experience.

Of course if it's early in the season (like in May) or late (late August or later) then mosquitos wouldn't so much of a nuisance on Pothole Dome.
April 12, 2012 01:44PM
The girly-girl part really bothers me. If one is an avid hiker why would one want to propose to her unless one already knows she's into stuff like that? Or, is this advice for somebody who is not an avid hiker but just wants a scenic backdrop? Yes, I'm being difficult. Backpacker
April 12, 2012 01:49PM
At least you didn't suggest Loch Tablae...
April 12, 2012 01:52PM
tomdisco
The girly-girl part really bothers me. If one is an avid hiker why would one want to propose to her unless one already knows she's into stuff like that? Or, is this advice for somebody who is not an avid hiker but just wants a scenic backdrop? Yes, I'm being difficult. Backpacker

Who doesn't think Yosemite is a gorgeous, remarkable, memorable, location?
Think that way.... think not an avid hiker.
If the woooo-man was Avid Hiker I would say take her to Mt. Watkins.
He wants to take her to an incredible view location where they are more or less alone
to poop the question.

tongue sticking out smiley

In response to Peter, even though Sentinel may have other peeps on it... IMO it is big
enough where you can go over here or over there and have a private moment together.
If timing isn't right... you still got to see a nice sunset and the moon rising.

Something like that.

April 12, 2012 03:44PM
Olmsted Point came to mind. That's a nice short hike. Nice view and a private spot can often be found.

I still like the Pizza Deck. That way if she says no you can still have a nice pizza.

Hmmm.... maybe that's a clue as to why I'm not married. smoking smiley
April 12, 2012 05:16PM
Olmsted was in my noggin... but I missed putting it in the list while composing.
(I'm gonna keep bumping this up in the list until 100 votes is hit)

April 12, 2012 05:49PM
OK--I voted for Pothole, but would have preferred Dewey Point...meets all the criteria, except that it's a bit more of a trek.

And yeah....after he proposes, they are going to want to talk to people about it, rather than hike another five miles back to the car.

One other options might be just off the trail to Lukens Lake--when you get to the ridge, head to the east about a hundred yards, and you have a great view. And all the people would be on the trail. So you could picnic at the lake, then hike back, and on the way back....

FWIW

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
April 13, 2012 08:02AM
Kinda felt Dewey was a bit too far so I didn't even list it.

I probably should have said it will more than likely occur by end of May.

April 12, 2012 07:27PM
I would take her to Tuolumne Meadows for a stroll out into the (hopefully dry) grass and wildflowers until apart from the ravening crowds, and do the knee drop. After handing off the iPhone to someone to take video.

We were the videographers for a nice young couple on top of Mt Dana - he whispered to us if we would video it with his phone. What a great place to propose. They were a sweet couple.
April 13, 2012 08:22AM
I was one of the first to vote...Sentinel Dome. B..U..T...now that I think about it...when my newlywed friend visited with her new hubby a couple of years ago, she was completely smitten with Bridalveil Falls...I think because of it's appropriate name. She was happy to get several pics of them with that falls.

DavidK42...quite the romantic. Gifts too! My anniversary "gift" each year is the late spring campout in the valley. (Married in the chapel 28 years ago smiling smiley ) Our 25th anniversary was sunset at Washburn Point after a rainy day and a hike up Liberty Cap. (Ha...the day we got married, we got up early enough to hike the 4 mile trail to watch the hanggliders launch from Glacier Point.) It is so special to be with the one you love in a place you love.
April 13, 2012 08:53AM
hikerchick395
... she was completely smitten with Bridalveil Falls...I think because of it's appropriate name. She was happy to get several pics of them with that falls.

I already voted (Sentinel Dome also) but this would be another good choice. Also easy to get to...
April 13, 2012 08:52AM
My problem is that I haven't been to several of those places. And I actually voted for somewhere (Sentinel Dome) that I have never been. I have heard that it is an easy walk (important for a girly girl) and has outstanding views.
April 13, 2012 09:18AM
I voted for Sentinel Dome because it's easy to get to and the view is fantastic. My caveat is that I've only been to Yosemite once and didn't have time to get to all of the places on the list. One of the best spots we did see was the Oh-My-Gosh lookout on the Upper Yose trail. Probably a bit of a hoof if you're not generally inclined to trail hikes. Another really neat spot we went to was Wauwona Point. Nobody was up there, and it's a really nice view. And it's not a particularly difficult hike, but it might be a little long.

I proposed to the missus over a pizza and a cold beer at Gino's East in downtown Chicago smiling smiley No view, but the pizza beats the heck out of the Curry pizza deck!!
April 13, 2012 01:01PM
I voted. Do I get a t-shirt or maybe an "I Voted" sticker?
April 13, 2012 01:28PM
tomdisco
I voted. Do I get a t-shirt or maybe an "I Voted" sticker?

Hit <Print Screen>

I guess I should have had:

- Somewhere else NOT in the park
- Somewhere else in the park
- Loch Tablae
- Olmsted Pt.
- Tuolumne Meadows

Not matter. Tanks for the repsonses...

April 13, 2012 02:27PM
Chick-on for President.
April 16, 2012 10:26AM
yosemitejim
Chick-on for President.

Pretty sure I'd get impeached once it got leaked out that I said
"Let them eat Twinkie Cakes"

April 13, 2012 02:59PM
chick-on
I guess I should have had:

- Somewhere else NOT in the park
- Somewhere else in the park
- Loch Tablae
- Olmsted Pt.
- Tuolumne Meadows

• Red Peak Pass
April 16, 2012 10:27AM
eeek
  • Red Peak Pass

You do?

April 18, 2012 06:22PM
As in...
"Do you eeeeeeeeek, take this cupcake... to be your wife".

Thanks everyone for all the responses. From the set I put up he like Oh My Gosh and Sierra Pt. quite a bit.
I've offered to take personally take him there so he knows what he is getting into beforehand.

I told him what he is getting into with the marriage but he won't listen to a bird of reason.

I wish him well

April 18, 2012 07:16PM
chick-on
I told him what he is getting into with the marriage but he won't listen to a bird of reason.

They never do.
April 13, 2012 04:12PM
I would go for somewhere you would more likely be totally alone. I'd go off trail into the meadow just past Twin Bridges in Tuolumne. Find a nice patch of lupine and a place to sit near the Tuolumne River in the sunshine. Take a small carafe of wine. It's not too far to walk after an early dinner at the TML. As a woman, I wouldn't want a proposal to be interrupted by other hikers, car noise, the mule trains, etc. etc. I really like that view from the Twin Bridges, also.
April 13, 2012 06:55PM
I plan to get married (if I ever try that again) on Forester Pass.

It should whittle the guest list down quite a lot.
April 15, 2012 07:37AM
AlmostThere
I plan to get married (if I ever try that again) on Forester Pass.

It should whittle the guest list down quite a lot.

Really? I was nearly positive it would be Half Dome

April 13, 2012 07:50PM
Mom
I would go for somewhere you would more likely be totally alone. I'd go off trail into the meadow just past Twin Bridges in Tuolumne. Find a nice patch of lupine and a place to sit near the Tuolumne River in the sunshine. Take a small carafe of wine. It's not too far to walk after an early dinner at the TML. As a woman, I wouldn't want a proposal to be interrupted by other hikers, car noise, the mule trains, etc. etc. I really like that view from the Twin Bridges, also.
Be sure you have your head nets and spray!
April 13, 2012 09:25PM
Lone boulder/ puppy dome/ fern ledge/ below upper Yosemite falls (east side)
April 14, 2012 06:50PM
For a person who never hikes, even Sentinel is going to seem hard.
April 14, 2012 07:57PM
If the person is in decent shape (not obese, not a couch potato), then the hike to Sentinel Dome and the scramble up the dome probably won't be overly difficult. But the mile long hike could be a boring for her (the "are we there yet" syndrome).
April 14, 2012 08:13PM
hotrod4x5
For a person who never hikes, even Sentinel is going to seem hard.

Has it been clarified what the girl is like other than there has been mention of being a girly girl. Does she or does she not hike? My sister was considered a girly girl and would go to Disney Land in 4 inch spiked heels and a tight skirt. However, she had been known to ride a bike from Santa Monica to Big Sur and go snow camping.

Sentinel is not that hard of a hike even for someone that does not hike a lot. If the mile seems too long, go past the parking lot and park at the pull off by the unused road that goes to the east of Sentinel Dome. It is a short hike from there using that road.
April 14, 2012 08:35PM
parklover

Sentinel is not that hard of a hike even for someone that does not hike a lot. If the mile seems too long, go past the parking lot and park at the pull off by the unused road that goes to the east of Sentinel Dome. It is a short hike from there using that road.

From that starting point via the old road, it's only about a half mile hike (but with more elevation gain). wink
April 15, 2012 07:28AM
I already told the guy this. (since sunset/moonrise atop Sentinel was first choice)

April 14, 2012 09:08AM
85 votes... more than that LOGGED in.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

April 14, 2012 10:23AM
Take her to Yosemite for the weekend and do it at a spot she likes. Could be anywhere, as long as she is happy.
April 15, 2012 07:30AM
KC
Take her to Yosemite for the weekend and do it at a spot she likes. Could be anywhere, as long as she is happy.
Certainly. Pretty much I want to give the guy a number or places to go with a top few...
and I already told him to just do it when it feels right but having a fixed location would
be nice (which he already knew).
Thx

April 14, 2012 05:38PM
Sentinel Dome at sunset. If she's a "girly girl" I'm assuming she'll appreciate the ease of the hike and the romantic setting of a sunset view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 05:39PM by dqniel.
April 14, 2012 05:45PM
dqniel
If she's a "girly girl" I'm assuming she'll appreciate the ease of the hike and the romantic setting of a sunset view.

Might be a bit tough in high heels.
April 14, 2012 05:56PM
eeek
dqniel

If she's a "girly girl" I'm assuming she'll appreciate the ease of the hike and the romantic setting of a sunset view.

That thought did cross my mind. wink
April 14, 2012 06:12PM
eeek
dqniel

If the Mist Trail can be done in heels, why not Sentinel Dome?
April 14, 2012 08:14PM
mbear
eeek
dqniel

More than once I have seen a girl go up the Mist Trail in either wedges or shoes with heels.
April 14, 2012 09:00PM
mbear
eeek
dqniel

Can be doesn't mean should be.
April 14, 2012 08:32PM
One more place I'll mention as a candidate, especially if they might be staying overnight at the Yosemite Lodge, would be the site of the old Hutchins' sawmill/Muir's cabin by Yosemite Creek near Lower Yosemite Fall. A very pretty view of the falls at the location and being at the end of a small spur trail, it probably will be pretty deserted if they go there after dinner or early in the morning. A very short walk from the Lodge.

If you're not familiar with the location, it's marked with an X on this map:

Here are a couple of photos of the location:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 08:36PM by plawrence.
April 15, 2012 07:31AM
Yes. I've included Galen Clark Memorial bench in the set I put together for him.
Purty much when I was including that spot with "Lower Yosemite Falls".
Thanks for all your input

April 15, 2012 07:33AM
<didn't want this here>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 07:35AM by chick-on.
April 15, 2012 07:34AM
For a limited time... you may look at the set of photos I put together for the guy here:

Set of Faux Toes for A Proposition of Sorts

Hopefully this pushes the count over 100.
Why is it that if you look at the 'Number of Viewers' it's over 50 frequently... yes 2 are logged in...
(a whole lot aint a voting me tinks)

Half Dome a nice day

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 09:24AM by chick-on.
April 15, 2012 09:16AM
Chick-On,

I'm convinced the number of views doesn't work correctly. Based on the number of active forum participants, and the number shown as logged on, it seems that somehow that "Viewed" number is too high.

I posted my Alaskan Bird Ridge Trip Report on the general discussion board late last night. I don't think anyone was logged on. A few minutes later the topic had over 20 views.
April 15, 2012 01:27PM
chicagocwright
Chick-On,

I'm convinced the number of views doesn't work correctly. Based on the number of active forum participants, and the number shown as logged on, it seems that somehow that "Viewed" number is too high.

I posted my Alaskan Bird Ridge Trip Report on the general discussion board late last night. I don't think anyone was logged on. A few minutes later the topic had over 20 views.

I think unregistered viewers count as a view but they can't vote.

Old Dude
April 15, 2012 02:43PM
mrcondron
chicagocwright
Chick-On,

The poll itself is setup so that anyone can view and/or vote.

I was talking about ... if you go up a forum level to the list ... it shows how many people
are currently looking at the forum.
As in "25 visitors are reading this forum."
The views for the thread itself are correct.... just reopen a thread and see it go up.
Also there are bots and schtuff like that that make it go up almost immediately.

And ghosts, goblins, and vampires thru the night... that are looking at your every move.

April 15, 2012 05:01PM
chick-on
mrcondron
chicagocwright
Chick-On,

The poll itself is setup so that anyone can view and/or vote.

I was talking about ... if you go up a forum level to the list ... it shows how many people
are currently looking at the forum.
The views for the thread itself are correct.... just reopen a thread and see it go up.
Also there are bots and schtuff like that that make it go up almost immediately.

And ghosts, goblins, and vampires thru the night... that are looking at your every move.

Yes, I found that out while on my other computer. Not logged in but was able to vote again from it. Seems like one vote per computer.

Old Dude
April 15, 2012 05:14PM
Not for me, I just tried to cast a second vote from my iPod Touch and was told I had already voted.

Oh,wait...not logged in...OK, I'll vote again. Its at 97, I'm sure we can get this to 100 w/ some skullduggery.

Edit again: weird, worked from my iPod Touch but not from my iPad, and both started from the same logged-in state and neither were the source of my original vote.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 05:23PM by ttilley.
April 15, 2012 05:38PM
chick-on

The bots also get counted as visitors (the number is for the last 10 minutes).
April 15, 2012 12:59PM
I guess at last call at the Iron Door is not on the list?

It looks like its down to Sentinel or Pothole Dome...
April 15, 2012 03:03PM
Top five places that I think would be good in summer -

Sentinel Dome - via the old road - shorter hike, but still to quiet location. - go on a star lit night!
Middle of El Capitan Meadow - bring binoculars, and look for climbers from the middle of the meadow - very quiet!
Mariposa Grove - under the shadow of a giant sequoia or at Wawona Point
Wawona - Swinging Bridge in the early morning (just as the sun is hitting it)
Gaylor Lakes - a little bit of a tough ascent, but short distance makes up for it. Quiet lake basin, plenty of room to find a seculded pretty spot

Top five places that I think would be good in Spring/Fall

Hite Cove - during spring wildflower season - outside park
Underneath a "blossoming" dogwood tree in May
Underneath the leaves of an oak tree in spring leafing or fall colors
Superindent's Bridge in fall colors
Lundy Canyon on east side during fall colors (if Tioga Pass is open)

Top five places that I think would be good in winter

Ahwahnee Dining Room - the "alcove" (tiny nook of tables at far end of dining room)
Badger Pass snowshoeing in the full moon
Daytime snowshoeing to the merced grove
By the fire at the Curry Ice Rink
Lower Yosemite Falls in the falling snow
April 15, 2012 06:24PM
The best place for this event for this couple would be on a balcony of a room at the Awahnee facing Half Dome when the setting sun turns Half Dome orange/pink. All it takes is bucks.
April 18, 2012 07:53PM
What about Turlock. There's a great view of Half Dome from there.
April 18, 2012 11:49PM
Okay I thought about this long and hard and I'm gonna go with somewhere else. Don't kill me.

Maui.
April 19, 2012 06:23AM
QITNL
Okay I thought about this long and hard and I'm gonna go with somewhere else. Don't kill me.

Maui.

For some reason I thought you were in the "don't do it" camp.
No worries...

In all honesty picking the location imho isn't really important.
It's important to pick the right person!

It'll be 20 years next year... so maybe Ahwahnee Cottage. Or heck, maybe Maui.
(although been to Hawaii plenty... and my true love is Sierra)
smiling smiley

May 16, 2012 08:26AM
Did the proposal happen yet?

Up on Pothole Dome on May 7, my husband and I came across a newly engaged couple. (She was crying as we stayed wide as we ascended.) Hmmm...sad or glad? Question answered...I stayed away descending, but they asked my husband to take their pic and told him why.

(:They would've been completely alone if not for us...tongue sticking out smiley )
May 16, 2012 02:33PM
I don't even think he bought the ring yet!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login