Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DNC Openings This Week

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2012 10:26AM
The new Meadow Grill (previously the Curry Village Taqueria) has opened for the season at Curry Village! Hours of operation are 11 AM - 8 PM Daily, shuttle stop #13B.

The Glacier Point Gift Shop has opened for the season! Hours of operation are 9 AM - 5 PM daily. The Snack Stand will not be open until conditions permit.

Rafting has opened for the season! Weather and river conditions permitting, hours of operation are daily 10 AM - 4 PM, shuttle stop # 13a
April 26, 2012 10:46AM
eeek
The new Meadow Grill (previously the Curry Village Taqueria) has opened for the season at Curry Village! Hours of operation are 11 AM - 8 PM Daily, shuttle stop #13B.

The Glacier Point Gift Shop has opened for the season! Hours of operation are 9 AM - 5 PM daily. The Snack Stand will not be open until conditions permit.

Rafting has opened for the season! Weather and river conditions permitting, hours of operation are daily 10 AM - 4 PM, shuttle stop # 13a

Does this new name mean that the menu has changed as well, I wonder?
avatar Re: DNC Openings This Week
April 26, 2012 11:43AM
tanngrisnir3
eeek

This is the first of a number of changes that will be occurring at Curry Village this summer in regards to their retail and food establishments. Next up, before the Memorial Day weekend, DNC will be converting the Curry Pizza Deck to an all-organic vegan restaurant called Curry Greens. Grinning Devil

April 26, 2012 11:47AM
plawrence
tanngrisnir3
eeek

This is the first of a number of changes that will be occurring at Curry Village this summer in regards to their retail and food establishments. Next up, before the Memorial Day weekend, DNC will be converting the Curry Pizza Deck to an all-organic vegan restaurant called Curry Greens. Grinning Devil

Nothing says 'ahhhhhhh.....' after a long day of climbing like some tofu with brown rice and mung bean sauce.
April 26, 2012 11:54AM
plawrence
DNC will be converting the Curry Pizza Deck to an all-organic vegan restaurant called Curry Greens. Grinning Devil

Cry baby They might as well shut down Yosemite if that happens. Turn off the waterfalls, take the cables down, turn off the lights.
April 28, 2012 06:56AM
plawrence
This is the first of a number of changes that will be occurring at Curry Village this summer in regards to their retail and food establishments. Next up, before the Memorial Day weekend, DNC will be converting the Curry Pizza Deck to an all-organic vegan restaurant called Curry Greens. Grinning Devil.

Not Indian food?
April 28, 2012 10:42AM
Vegan friendly Indian food will be served, I heard. wink
April 28, 2012 09:41PM
plawrence
Vegan friendly Indian food will be served, I heard. wink

And mutton vindaloo.

(For extra points: what's the only thing that can kill a vindaloo?)
April 28, 2012 11:32PM
eeek

A nice German lager will usually do the trick. wink
April 29, 2012 03:47PM
plawrence
eeek

A nice German lager will usually do the trick. wink

As close as I could find:

April 29, 2012 04:04PM
It's #9:

April 26, 2012 10:52AM
I have never eaten at the Taquiera due to the limited hours, (wasn't it always closed by 5?) Interesting to see the new place is open till 8, maybe I'll have a chance to try it sometime.
April 26, 2012 10:57AM
Where is it? I don't remember a Taquiera anywhere at Curry.
April 26, 2012 11:01AM
qumqats

It was/is between the rock climbing/outdoor gear shop and the general grocery/souvenier store.
April 28, 2012 09:28PM
qumqats

that means you were fortunate enough not to eat there
April 28, 2012 02:38PM
vegan? I was hoping for a steak house
April 28, 2012 03:01PM
Yosemite Valley already has a steakhouse though, the Mountain Room at the Lodge.

The original concept of the Mountain Room was it to be a steakhouse. And more or less, it still is.

April 28, 2012 03:43PM
I remember when the Loft was a semi steak house.
April 28, 2012 11:27PM
Yeah, I remember when Degnan's Loft served more than just pizza and salads. Don't know why for some unknown reason (at least unknown to me) DNC, once they took over the Yosemite concessions from the YP&CC, decided to limit the food offerings served at the Loft. I think DNC has underutilized that space for years now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login