Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: TM and reservations/primary occupant must be person that made reservation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM and reservations/primary occupant must be person that made reservation
May 15, 2012 12:30PM
Well things have changed again. I was referenced as the primary occupant back in March for our reservation in July at TM. My son was the person that ordered it using his credit card etc. Well now they are saying they don't reference the primary occupant under a different name at all. The person that made the reservation
must be present to check into the campground. Either person is not allowed by the system. So my son must arrive earlier than he had planned to get us into the campground. I expect the kiosk and office to be one big mess of people arriving at different times.

I will never use this system again. Do as I have always done. Arrive very early and get a first come site. That has worked for 25 years and without the headache.

They kept saying expect the policy to be enforced.

Just some info for you all.
May 15, 2012 12:36PM
Either names, as long as it was on the reservation, will probably be fine since both are listed. There are communications problems between recreation.gov and Yosemite. If you read from recreation.gov, it says "The Primary Occupant of the site will be required to show photo ID upon check-in at the campground." So, since you were listed, you are fine. They can't keep changing things.
Let me clarify a bit. Back in March I was listed as the primary occupant and my son was listed as the person that placed the reservation. I called twice and both reps confirmed that I was listed as the primary, although the reservation was placed by my son in his name.

My name has since been deleted and now only references my son on the reservation for all. And as mentioned, he must show up to obtain the site according to them. Two different names are not allowed on the reservation now.

I just want to sit on a rock by the river...is that too much to ask for smiling smiley
May 15, 2012 01:25PM
Was this done on line? If so, do you have the e-mail receipt that shows your name? If so, they can't keep you out. Just print a copy.

My experience is that the guys actually at the campground don't want this stuff any more than you do. So long as your son does eventually show up, you should be fine. Remember, there is no bonus for these guys to hassle you.
avatar Re: TM and reservations/primary occupant must be person that made reservation
May 15, 2012 03:22PM
And in the past (could be different this year), if you shared the same last name of the primary occupant (which now appears to be your son), you didn't have anything to worry about either. If your last name is different from your son's last name, that could pose a problem now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login