Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Unbelievably smoky along 120

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Unbelievably smoky along 120
June 21, 2012 11:55AM
When we drove out from White Wolf back to the Bay Area yesterday, the smoke along 120 was unbelievable. It was very heavy at White Wolf and for a few miles west, heavy all the way to the BOF gate, and very noticeable all the way out to Groveland. Basically, it will be very unpleasant in large areas of the park until the burn is over or the wind picks up.
June 21, 2012 12:22PM
The wind is picking up today and should be steady/strong through early next week. I'm heading up tomorrow and was worried about my tent flapping in the wind, but I guess it beats the alternative.

Anybody know when the burn should be completed? Maybe another day or two judging by Eeek's post?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2012 12:27PM by redpakotasea.
avatar Re: Unbelievably smoky along 120
June 23, 2012 12:42PM
It's being mopped up now. The smoke should be too bad.
June 24, 2012 05:03PM
I drove by there this early afternoon, the signs warning of smoke on the road are there, but the smoke isn't. I'm guessing its not completely out, looking east through the trees...the S. Fork Tuolumne appears to have a blue haze in the air from the Hodgdon area, looks clear along the Tioga road.
June 21, 2012 09:21PM
The obvious question is... did you do the loop?

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 27, 2012 08:29AM
Bagged a little peak on the 21st. It was smoky up there, too, in the Bishop Creek area.
June 27, 2012 08:53AM
hikerchick395
Bagged a little peak on the 21st. It was smoky up there, too, in the Bishop Creek area.
Ewe sure it wasn't smog? wink

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login