Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Just wanna say thanks to all of the park empoyees that keep our trails safe.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Just wanna say thanks to all of the park empoyees that keep our trails safe.
June 23, 2012 12:41PM
Thanks.

avatar Re: Just wanna say thanks to all of the park empoyees that keep our trails safe.
June 23, 2012 12:43PM
Looks like hard work. smiling smiley
Yes, thank you!!!!
avatar Re: Just wanna say thanks to all of the park empoyees that keep our trails safe.
June 23, 2012 10:12PM
OD and Chick-on make it a point to stop for a minute and extend our thanks to trail workers whenever we run into them. Bill-e-g does too.

Old Dude
June 24, 2012 07:31PM
mrcondron
OD and Chick-on make it a point to stop for a minute and extend our thanks to trail workers whenever we run into them. Bill-e-g does too.

But you don't haul in cold beer for them? Grinning Devil
June 24, 2012 09:43PM
Or share any of your Twinkies stash? wink
June 25, 2012 06:36AM
I would gladly give them a Twinkie.

It's a joy to run into young adults out there working on the trail or heading to
go work on the trail. It you strike up a conversation with them you soon
find out just how much joy they get out of both being out there and
working on it.... even though it is darn tough work.
Wifie and I ran into a couple of young workers heading to my beloved
Loch Tablae area once. Not only did they say they loved the work
and how lucky they were but also how lucky they were that they
got to spend so much time near the most beautiful lake in all of the lands.

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 26, 2012 01:40AM
you're welcome! smiling smiley
That looks like the Yosemite Falls trail...

I have the utmost respect for those guys. That is seriously hard work, not to mention the fact that they have to carry all those heavy ass tools in to the job site.
June 27, 2012 06:22PM
oakroscoe
That looks like the Yosemite Falls trail...

I have the utmost respect for those guys. That is seriously hard work, not to mention the fact that they have to carry all those heavy ass tools in to the job site.

To me it looks like JMT between Clarks Point and JMT/Mist junction where they've been doing lot of work lately.

It's nice to stop sometimes and to actually look at all the rock work that's been put into these trails.
When you look at the # and size of the rocks that have been arranged it's pretty amazing to consider.
Yes, I believe you are correct. I've been on the trail enough times, and that was my initial hunch. Would be quite shocked if it's not the Falls trail.

And having some experience with trail maintenance locally, I definitely appreciate what these workers do.
Where was that pic taken Ataim?
June 27, 2012 10:10PM
I'm wit you on this one. imho no question really.
It's that crappy sandy section near Columbia Rock.
(edit: act. I think it's slightly below Columbia Rock)
(edit: btw... this is a win win... since if I'm completely and utterly
full of it... I'll just delete this post) tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 10:13PM by chick-on.
Re: Just wanna say thanks to all of the park empoyees that keep our trails safe.
June 28, 2012 10:39AM
chick-on
I'm wit you on this one. imho no question really.
It's that crappy sandy section near Columbia Rock.
(edit: act. I think it's slightly below Columbia Rock)
(edit: btw... this is a win win... since if I'm completely and utterly
full of it... I'll just delete this post) tongue sticking out smiley

DING DING Chick-On is Spot-On. About 3 -4 switchback below from Columbia Point. What did you win? You get to keep the post on here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login