Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Just a couple of pet peeves

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Just a couple of pet peeves
April 08, 2013 01:09PM
1. at the main entrance on Hwy 120, there is a bathroom right off the parking lot. this place hasn't had anything done to it (that i've noticed) in a number of years!! they really need to update it, and better yet, tear it down and build a bigger one!

2. some of the roads have such big pot holes in the valley, it is ridiculous.

personally (i know they won't do it)... but i would be willing to pay a lot extra (entrance fee etc) for a year or two just so that they could have enough money to have things like this fixed or replaced. even to have a place to donate that would go ONLY to Yosemite to have things fixed / repaired / re-modeled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2013 01:11PM by forrestranger.
avatar Re: Just a couple of pet peeves
April 08, 2013 01:10PM
forrestranger

They pretty much have to fix those every year and paint as well.
avatar Re: Just a couple of pet peeves
April 08, 2013 09:42PM
forrestranger
1. at the main entrance on Hwy 120, there is a bathroom right off the parking lot. this place hasn't had anything done to it (that i've noticed) in a number of years!! they really need to update it, and better yet, tear it down and build a bigger one!

I'm pretty sure they are planning on redoing that whole entrance. I can find out more in a few weeks.

That's from melting snow freezing in little cracks making big cracks letting in more melting snow that freezes and making bigger cracks....... They could throw some "cold patch" on it but that doesn't last long in the winter.

personally (i know they won't do it)... but i would be willing to pay a lot extra (entrance fee etc) for a year or two just so that they could have enough money to have things like this fixed or replaced. even to have a place to donate that would go ONLY to Yosemite to have things fixed / repaired / re-modeled.

Doesn't the now "Nature Bridge" do that? I just looked; not just Yosemite. The "Yosemite Conservancy" is Yosemite only and gets high marks from charity rating groups.
Re: Just a couple of pet peeves
April 08, 2013 09:53PM
Nature Bridge is a educational organization that took over what was known as the Yosemite Institute. They have locations in Yosemite, Golden Gate, Channel Islands, Olympic and Santa Monica Mountains NRA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login