All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar A few more photos from Yosemite
June 27, 2013 05:02PM
These are from my lastest trip to Yosemite (weekend of June 14-17). Camped at the Tuolumne Meadows Campground. Cold nights (dipped to the low 30's) but beautiful days.

View of Pywiack Cascade from Mt. Watkins:

Cloud Rest from Mt. Watkins:

Elephant Rock and Merced River from Big Oak Flat Road:

The Rostrum in morning light:

The Rostrum at sunset:

Tenaya Creek with Tuolumne Peak in the background:

Tuolumne Meadows in early morning light:

Panorama of the pond and Tuolumne Meadows:

Another panorama of Tuolumne Meadows:

Tuolumne Meadows and the early morning Sun:

Mammoth Peak and the Dana Fork of Tuolumne River:

Mount Dana, Mount Gibbs, Mammoth Peak with the Dana Fork of the Tuolumne River in the foreground:

The Clark Range:

Re: A few more photos from Yosemite
June 27, 2013 05:05PM
Thanks for the pics. It looks pretty hazy in some of the pictures, was it smoke?
avatar Re: A few more photos from Yosemite
June 27, 2013 10:20PM
Some of it was smoke from the Carsten fire (near Mariposa) but also (like in the photos of Mammoth Peak) some of it was a form of ground fog that formed because of the cold temps and lack of wind. Once the day warmed up and the breezes started, the mist surrounding Mammoth Peak dissipated.

Re: A few more photos from Yosemite
June 27, 2013 06:19PM
Great! More, please! I never seem to tire of looking at pictures of Yosemite... I especially liked Tuolumne "in early morning light" and "early morning Sun". Thank you! Can't wait to get back there! smiling smiley
June 28, 2013 05:24PM
Amazing photos!

Really makes me look forward to flying out there next week.

Steve
July 01, 2013 03:42PM
Always cool to see some shots around Tuolumne. Here is a similar view of Tenaya Creek with Hoffman.

July 01, 2013 10:45PM
Thanks for the link to the video. Not only is the view so nice and peaceful, but I love just listening to the babbling sound of water going over the rocks in Tenaya Creek.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login