Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pioneer Basin backpack

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Pioneer Basin backpack
September 15, 2013 06:21PM
This board is in the annual sleepy period for many of we mountain enthusiasts that are between summer backpacking, hiking, and or climbing and fall leaf change road trips. So for amusement here's a backpacking trip feature with numbers of High Sierra images for a recent late August solo trip I made into the John Muir Wilderness.

http://www.davidsenesac.com/_a-z_evad/Backpacking/PioneerB/pioneerB_8-22-13.html

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2013 06:22PM by DavidSenesac.
September 16, 2013 07:40AM
Thank you for your detailed trip report! Thank you especially for taking the time editing the photos to point out peaks, and for putting in pics of plants and their names! Helps fill in blanks! smiling smiley

I find it great that you were just a tad to the north of where we'd be just a few days after you. We camped around 11,000' all three nights (Aug 28-31) we were out in the John Muir Wilderness, and we found that we were much warmer (not even a hint of frost) than the nights we'd just experienced at lower elevation during our Northern Yosemite trip, which coincided with your trip (Aug 22-27).

I wonder how much of the Sierras this forum covered in that week going into Labor Day? smiling smiley If I had time, I'd go back and review the posts... but swamped getting ready to leave on a non-Sierra trip. But looking forward to fall in the mountains! smiling smiley And I hope next year is a good wildflower year for you and I look forward to those photos! LOVE wildflowers!
avatar Re: Pioneer Basin backpack
September 16, 2013 08:30AM
Nice pictures, thanks.
September 16, 2013 11:18AM
Thanks for the report. I really like the Ruby Lake/Bear Creek Spire picture.
avatar Re: Pioneer Basin backpack
September 16, 2013 04:56PM
As usual... you confuse me.

So it has to be in "sleep mode" to posty a trip report?

Signed,
Confused as Usual
Chick-on is looking at you!

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login