Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Triple Divide Peak

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 17, 2013 09:17PM
Crazie buzie at work... so this will have to suffice:

3 day solo jaunt from Quartz Mtn TH along border up Redtop over to Upper Chain for the night.
2nd day along "Breeze Ridge" and then up Horse Theif Canyon to Triple Divide Pass and up TD...
along the ridge north... over saddle heading towards Merced Pass ... to large body o water for night 2.
day 3 up onto Muy Bueno Ridge and down to Moraine Mdws and back out.

Found 5 boundary markers... but no luck on #145 (think it is gone) sigh...

Gorgeous fall type weather... little frogs enjoying the fishless lakes... and no mountain lions in sight.

Have fun out there

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 17, 2013 09:36PM
That first picture is great!! Makes me wish I could buy a book of the top 100 pictures from this forum...
September 17, 2013 09:53PM
Looks like it was an awesome trip! Very jealous! smiling smiley Especially missed seeing/hearing the little froggies! I love froggies! Hope there were no froggie casualties! Poor little things seem to get stranded rather easily... Thanks for the post!
September 18, 2013 03:48AM
The sunrise (set ?) pic is great. Thanks for posting.
September 18, 2013 08:05AM
Otay... since eye whine about no posting...

Wipped up a set of dis trip here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/yosemite.chick.on/TripleRedTop

Enjoys

September 18, 2013 12:43PM
Nicely colorful metamorphic geology in that area. With the jetstream moving further south, one often has nice clouds at this time of year versus the less interesting Sierra fair weather sunny blue skies. Up there by Edna, just rock, ain't much soil. So no worms, you musta been hungry.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
September 18, 2013 04:11PM
thumbs up

French Canyon trip report is forthcoming soon as my friend sends me his pics...
September 19, 2013 08:41PM
Great pictures! (as always smiling smiley )

Do you have a map of your route. I can pretty much guess where you went, though I presume you were mostly off trail? Looking for a 2-night trip to do first weekend in October, perhaps this area would be good- provided the weather cooperates.
September 23, 2013 07:06AM
vitaminC
Great pictures! (as always smiling smiley )

Do you have a map of your route. I can pretty much guess where you went, though I presume you were mostly off trail? Looking for a 2-night trip to do first weekend in October, perhaps this area would be good- provided the weather cooperates.

Lemme know u still want it and I send it to you... It was about 20 miles off trail and about 10 on... although
next time I think I'll skip the trail entirely... tongue sticking out smiley
Snowed last weekend... but it will prolly be gone soon... unless more comes...
Here's the divide from afar taken yesterday:

September 23, 2013 08:33AM
I'd be curious to see a map too... to see exactly where you went around Triple Divide and Buena Vista...
September 24, 2013 07:22AM
OK. Here:

A few notes:
Def. class 3 dropping from Redtop to Spotted Lakes the way I went.
(I was going way too slow and too tired to continue to Sing) (and had already been up Sing b4)

One class 3 maneaver to get up to Breeze Ridge (which is anything but a straight walk)

Going north from 9857 is prob. class 3. But easy.

Lots of great routes in this area. Previous trip wit Z Old Dood went up Merced Peak
and continued to Edna and back up RPP ... and beyond...

Anywho. Have fun. Abuse at your own risk.

September 24, 2013 08:52AM
Thanks. Was wondering if you went over the saddle S of Merced. Looked fine on zee Google, but wanted to make sure.
September 24, 2013 05:15PM
That saddle is simple. Even the saddle east of Merced Peak is only a very small bit of class 3 iirc.
Lots of great routes... Edna was calling me... but I decided didn't really want to do RPP.
Have fun

September 25, 2013 08:28AM
Thanks for the info! Looks like we'll be heading to Desolation instead... Will keep this in mind for future trips smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login