Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: 17 Year Old Drowns in Merced River attempting to rescue parents

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

17 Year Old Drowns in Merced River attempting to rescue parents
March 25, 2014 11:26PM
The fatal chain of events apparently began when his mother went to the river to wash her hair. She fell into the water but did not know how to swim and was pulled further into the river by a nearby eddy. Gonzalez’s father went into the water after her but also was sucked in by the eddy, said Bonnie Graeve, a music teacher at Royal who knew Gonzalez and visited his family after his death.

Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2014/mar/25/simi-valley-teen-drowns-in-merced-river-to-help/#ixzz2x2zQB5qj
- vcstar.com

Edit: please post only a small port of an article and a link to the rest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2014 10:58AM by eeek.
March 26, 2014 06:54PM
I can't get your link to open so I Googled it. Wow, more than one story. You said that the article you posted was that the mother was washing her hair, another one says she just wanted to get her feet wet and another one that the parents were swimming. Not matter what happened, what a horrible thing.
March 27, 2014 01:45PM
It's really concerning that people still don't know better than to avoid going in the water in some parts of the park. I know this is a regular thing, but you would think after all the people who have been swept away by the currents, others would take a little more caution.
I think people underestimate the power/force of that water.
March 27, 2014 07:29PM
The problem is that some people think it is not going to happen to them and others don't think at all.
March 27, 2014 10:50PM
Sorry to hear about this.

Despite its name, this river isn't particularly merciful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login