Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: New June Availabilities for Tuolumne Meadows CG on Recreation.gov

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

New June Availabilities for Tuolumne Meadows CG on Recreation.gov
June 05, 2014 05:58PM
Just checked recreation.gov and there is a bunch of sites available for June. I thought some of you might appreciate the heads up. smiling smiley See you there!
June 05, 2014 06:43PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just made my June reservations.
June 06, 2014 08:40AM
Thanks for the alert. I just booked a few days in mid June. Do you have any control where they stick you? Arrive early and ask for a good spot, I suppose.
June 06, 2014 10:05AM
Yes, you have control of which site, assuming you aren't arriving on a Friday evening, of course.
June 06, 2014 10:26AM
Thanx...have been watching for these to become available all week
June 18, 2014 08:10AM
We were able to get sites for all but one of the nights on the front end of our backpack. Thanks to you and "Sewolpe" for the heads up!

On a related question - I apologize if this has been covered earlier but I don't see it. We'll be arriving on a Sunday, so I imagine a fair number of people will be leaving. What is the protocol for trying to grab a particular campsite in Tuolumne Meadows? We were there a few years ago and ended up with a great spot - maybe site 55? (We were there the day the campground opened for the season, got there early and walked around to scope things out). Anyway, on the day we left there were people who were coming in that day scoping out sites. Someone asked us if we were leaving (based on the date on our tags) and did something to secure our site for their stay. Does anyone know how this works? Since we can't check in until around midday, what is "early" for arriving? Any recommendations on good "tent only" sites? Thanks for being a great planning resource!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login