Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Curry Village openings in winter?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Curry Village openings in winter?
June 28, 2014 11:44AM
This year we stayed at Curry during the week between the two President's holidays. Next year the property appears to be closed that week. I know Curry is usually only open weekends in winter and some weekdays around holidays. Does anyone have insider information on Curry? Were they open this year as an exception? Will they likely be open next year, but just aren't taking reseravations yet?
avatar Re: Curry Village openings in winter?
June 29, 2014 09:10PM
I have been there on weekends around late Jan early Feb the last three winters.
June 30, 2014 06:41AM
hotrod4x5
This year we stayed at Curry during the week between the two President's holidays. Next year the property appears to be closed that week. I know Curry is usually only open weekends in winter and some weekdays around holidays. Does anyone have insider information on Curry? Were they open this year as an exception? Will they likely be open next year, but just aren't taking reseravations yet?

Curry is pretty much open year round, weekdays included.

Try the Pizza. Best in the valley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 06:41AM by tanngrisnir3.
July 01, 2014 02:19PM
I passed through the Curry area a few times last winter and spring. Even in January it was staffed and there were people around, but it was clearly the coldest and snowiest part of the valley. I got the impression that they weren't doing much business, and had only some of their facilities open.
July 01, 2014 02:30PM
Didn't look very well staffed in February 2013:

July 01, 2014 04:15PM
lol

And that was the kind of place that would seem to be in the most demand under conditions like those! Especially if there was a warm and snow-free place to sit and enjoy the pizza.

Was all of Curry closed then? I remember finding open restrooms (though not all of the usual ones) in January, and a few people about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 04:16PM by gophersnake.
July 01, 2014 05:55PM
gophersnake
lol

And that was the kind of place that would seem to be in the most demand under conditions like those! Especially if there was a warm and snow-free place to sit and enjoy the pizza.

Was all of Curry closed then? I remember finding open restrooms (though not all of the usual ones) in January, and a few people about.

The Loft at Degnan's is closed to the public in the winter so Curry is the only place to get pizza in the winter. Unless you count that horrible pizza at the lodge cafeteria. I know that Curry lodging used to close during the week in some months but I don't know if they still do that. Places to eat and times opened are limited at Curry in the winter.
July 01, 2014 06:07PM
gophersnake

There was some activity in the area. Also was some construction going on.
July 05, 2014 09:46AM
Curry accommodations are usually available to the general public FRI-SAT except the holidays, when SUNDAY is available too. The facilities are used for outdoor education, so different schools come during the weekdays. As far as the store and food available...the winter months are when they choose to do construction. In either Feb of 2012 or '13, the store was closed for (another) remodeling. Indoor dining is available for the pizza.
July 12, 2014 07:10PM
I know for sure that the accommodations are not open during the week at Curry except during holidays. I guess I will have call to find out if they will be open again between President's Mondays next year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login