Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Tioga Road is open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 07, 2014 04:49PM
SR 120

IS REOPENED FROM CRANE FLAT TO 5 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 /TIOGA PASS/ (TUOLUMNE, MONO CO) AT 1210 HRS ON 11/7/14
November 12, 2014 03:45PM
Thanks Rick!

Do you know of any shuttle service or private operators that offer a ride from the valley to Toga pass. I am thinking of heading down south via Tioga pass on the Thanksgiving weekend...provided the road is open that weekend.
Thanks
November 12, 2014 05:41PM
I don't know of any that operates this time of year. You best bet would be sticking out a thumb.
November 13, 2014 12:07AM
Thanks! Keeping it old-school never gets out-of-fashionsmiling smiley

I will be with a small group, so thinking of heading to Snow Creek, cam there, and a daytrip to cabin and Mt Watkins (provided there's not too much snow in next 2 weeks).
cheers
November 13, 2014 09:23AM
Probably makes no difference to your plans, but just wanted to mention that the cabin was still locked when I checked it out this past weekend. Don't think it opens until the Tioga Road closes for winter.

Camping at Snow Creek is always a joy. Here is our campsite view of Watkins Pinnacles:
November 13, 2014 09:59AM
November 13, 2014 10:57PM
Thanks Katy! That's a gorgeous view and appreciate you sharing it. It helps to get additional perspectivesmiling smiley.

My plan is to camp at Snow Creek and do a day trip to the cabin and Mt Watkins on the following day as I am not sure if my group will be up to backup up to the cabins. We'll be a group of 5-8 and some of them have never backpacked in this kind of colder conditions.

Off course all this changes if there snow in the forecast...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login