Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: TM campground picnic table size?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM campground picnic table size?
June 21, 2015 04:27AM
What is the length 8 width of the Tuolumne Meadows Campground picnic tables that are in each campsite?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2015 05:50AM by snorkus.
avatar Re: TM campground picnic table size?
June 21, 2015 10:12AM
I don't know if they vary from campsite to campsite. The last campsite I had there (somewhat of a small one), the length of the picnic table looked to be about 6'.
avatar Re: TM campground picnic table size?
June 21, 2015 08:21PM
I was just there, and the tables all looked about the same. I know we had the same size table in the Valley backpacker's campground as we did in the TM backpacker's campground. I would put the dimensions at more like 3x7 or 8, though I wasn't thinking of their specific size/measurements when we were there. The bench seats go along for about 5-6' and then the table continues on one side for about 1.5-2 more feet, I guess to leave space to be at the table while standing, perhaps while preparing/serving food. Here's a pic of the table we had in the Valley backpacker's campground last week:

June 22, 2015 05:02AM
Thanks. I am thinking that they are about 7 feet long, although I have never measured them either..
The reason that I am asking is that we are going to Tuolumne in late July. I was thinking about a screened canopy to put over it to keep mosquitoes and other flies out. It is a hassle, but doing it to make the trip more comfortable/palatable for a person in my party.
July 05, 2015 10:40AM
Same as in Yosemite Valley. I can't even check my tablecloth size because the crows tore it up and I threw it out. I'm thinking 8 feet. ( Overhang for wheelchairs.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login