Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: The camping trip that changed America: Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir in Yosemite by Chris Epting

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar The camping trip that changed America: Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir in Yosemite by Chris Epting
February 01, 2016 01:11PM
In 1903, President Theodore Roosevelt embarked on his first visit to California. Before leaving, he reached out to naturalist John Muir with a special favor: to act as the president’s tour guide in Yosemite. Join author Chris Epting for a presentation on how that fateful three-day trip helped to shape the destiny of Yosemite and the National Park system.

The Forum will take place Tuesday, February 9, from 3:30 to 4:30 pm in the Yosemite Valley Auditorium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 01:12PM by eeek.
In a prior life, I dabbled in freelance writing. I wrote an article
on a book called JAMES DEAN DIED HERE, written by the
same Chris Epting. Recommended reading, if you are into
pop culture.
avatar Re: The camping trip that changed America: Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir in Yosemite by Chris Epting
February 08, 2016 08:59PM
AnotherDave
JAMES DEAN DIED HERE

I pulled over once to do something in the car. There was a monument there. Turned out to be the James Dean site.
Dean was killed in 1955 when his Porsche collided with a Ford
driven by the previously anonymous Donald Turnupseed, who
walked away from the wreckage.

Dean's last meal? An apple and a coke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login