Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Campsite hunting diligence

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Campsite hunting diligence
March 26, 2016 10:20PM
When the booking window opened for Spring Break I had multiple tabs open and refreshed as fast as I could, and for next week I still had to 'settle' for a site that I categorize as "Would I rather stay home, or stay in this site?" At the same time I was trying to book a site for this past week (different grandkids off on two different weeks), and snagged one of my favorites ;-) (So I guess there was a balance there) And I should add we had a great time!

So ever since the original booking for next week I have refreshed my tab with Rec.gov multiple times every day to try to 'upgrade'. Of all things, today, two days before checking in (almost exactly 48 hours) I landed a great upgrade...in fact, it is the exact same site I was in last week. I practically panicked trying to make the change. Because I was going from Lower Pines to Upper Pines I couldn't just change the reservation, but I had to make the new one, and then cancel the old one. A bit of a hassle, but it will sure be worth it!

Now bring on the snow!

Steve
avatar Re: Campsite hunting diligence
March 28, 2016 11:25AM
calberry
in fact, it is the exact same site I was in last week. Steve

You should have just left your rig there (with a note on the windshield "don't mind this, will be back in a few days" ) and taken Yarts home! winking smiley
avatar Re: Campsite hunting diligence
April 02, 2016 08:07AM
PineCone
calberry
in fact, it is the exact same site I was in last week. Steve

You should have just left your rig there (with a note on the windshield "don't mind this, will be back in a few days" ) and taken Yarts home! winking smiley

sure thought of that as I was setting up camp again confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login