Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite blog and all it's great info going away forever?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite blog and all it's great info going away forever?
May 15, 2016 11:03AM
I was reading the article that someone posted about Housekeeping Camp and clicked the link for the blog. I got the following:

Oh no! This blog’s domain blog.yosemitepark.com expired! Unfortunately you cannot access this blog from blog.yosemitepark.com any more. This domain name expired and will soon be canceled. Please contact the owners of this website and remind them to renew this domain before it’s too late. They need your help!

Is this temporary? Or is the blog really gone? Because of the DNC crapola?
avatar Re: Yosemite blog and all it's great info going away forever?
May 15, 2016 11:20AM
Well, yosemitepark.com was owned by DNC.
Re: Yosemite blog and all it's great info going away forever?
May 15, 2016 12:50PM
eeek
Well, yosemitepark.com was owned by DNC.
Pounding head on desk

I tell you, our government is run by idiots. When the internet came into being, all major companies snatched up domain names. The government should have jumped on the bandwagon and secured the various permutations of domain names for each park.
avatar Re: Yosemite blog and all it's great info going away forever?
May 15, 2016 01:44PM
hotrod4x5
I tell you, our government is run by idiots. When the internet came into being, all major companies snatched up domain names. The government should have jumped on the bandwagon and secured the various permutations of domain names for each park.

Why? And with so many top-level domains available, there could be thousands of Yosemite permeations to snatch up.

And why bother, since our federal government controls the .gov top-level domain, they could create the yosemite.gov domain if they were so inclined.

Leave No Trace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login