Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Direct Phone Numbers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Direct Phone Numbers
June 01, 2016 06:54PM
Has anyone been able to track down direct phone numbers to the various lodging locations in the Valley now with Aramark? Specifically Yosemite Valley Lodge? I used to have the old DNC numbers but now everything online points to the 888 general number and I would like to speak to someone at the front desk.

Thanks for any info!
June 01, 2016 07:53PM
I am assuming you tried the old numbers? Seems odd they would change.
June 01, 2016 08:08PM
I did, it was automated and directed me to the 888 number...
June 01, 2016 08:44PM
Did you try these two? 209-372-1274 209- 372- 1273
June 02, 2016 05:03PM
That first number worked- thank you!

I had tried that number before and it was a recording but this time it worked. Got through to the desk-

Yipeee
June 02, 2016 08:03PM
lilagray
That first number worked- thank you!

I had tried that number before and it was a recording but this time it worked. Got through to the desk-

Yipeee
I am glad that one worked, I got it years ago from the front desk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2016 08:04PM by parklover.
June 03, 2016 01:04AM
parklover
Did you try these two? 209-372-1274 209- 372- 1273

All numbers for Yosemite landline numbers start with the 37x prefix.

For any Yosemite old timers, do you know what was the official prefix NAME for the 37x- prefix?

Leave No Trace
June 03, 2016 05:27PM
There are some that have 379 like the Hetch Hetchy entrance station. I don't know what the name was.
June 03, 2016 07:08PM
I found out reading some old Yosemite guidebooks. It's a very appropriate name: FRontier. So how one would originally call the Yosemite Lodge would have been by telling a telephone operator to connect with FRontier 2-1274. grinning smiley

Leave No Trace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2016 10:41PM by plawrence.
June 03, 2016 09:40PM
plawrence
I found out reading some old Yosemite guidebooks. It's a very appropriate name: FRontier. So how one would originally call the Yosemite Lodge would have been by telling a telephone operator to connect with FRonteir 2-1274. grinning smiley
That is cool that is it frontier. Growing up we were GR and then the number but I don't remember if GR had a name.
June 03, 2016 10:47PM
parklover

That is cool that is it frontier. Growing up we were GR and then the number but I don't remember if GR had a name.

Back in the day it did. According a Wikipedia article on the topic, it could have been on of the following names: GRanite, GReenfield, GReenleaf, GReenwood, GRidley, GRover

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_exchange_names

Leave No Trace
June 04, 2016 07:46AM
plawrence
I found out reading some old Yosemite guidebooks. It's a very appropriate name: FRontier. So how one would originally call the Yosemite Lodge would have been by telling a telephone operator to connect with FRontier 2-1274. grinning smiley
Yea, or by saying FR2-1274.
I remember my phone number from my childhood was UL9-xxxx. UL stood for Ulysses. When asked for our phone number, we would say UL9-xxxx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login