Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Burn 9/7 - 9/12

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Burn 9/7 - 9/12
September 07, 2016 05:02PM
Yosemite National Park fire managers are planning a 61 acre Ahwahnee Meadow prescribed burn in the coming week. Ignition will take approximately one day and an additional two to four days of active burn down.
September 08, 2016 01:47AM
Are they still calling it Ahwahnee Meadow, or did they rename it "Majestic Meadow" or something like that?
September 08, 2016 09:24AM
I don't think DNC filed a trademark for the name Ahwahnee Meadow.
avatar Re: Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Burn 9/7 - 9/12
September 09, 2016 12:54PM
ERICG

Read Appendix 17, Section 24, paragraph 81, Line 37 of the trademark filing.

Old Dude
September 09, 2016 05:03PM
mrcondron
ERICG

Read Appendix 17, Section 24, paragraph 81, Line 37 of the trademark filing.

Seems odd the they would still use the name Ahwahnee Meadow in the press release.
September 10, 2016 12:27PM
Old Dude, can you provide a link to the "trademark filing" to which you refer? Do you mean something filed by DNC at the USPTO when it registered the mark "The Ahwahnee" (there are two such registrations, 1529066 for use in connection with hotel and restaurant services, and 2772512 for hats, shirts, dishes, blankets and some other stuff), or something filed by NPS in seeking to cancel that registration, or something filed by one of the parties in the litigation now pending before the Court of Claims?

Regardless, no one has registered the name "Ahwahnee Meadows" to be used in connection with describing a...place. My earlier comment in this thread was meant tongue-in-cheek - obviously DNC can't limit the use of the name "Ahwahnee" by anyone in describing the name of a piece of land. I'm just glad to see that, apparently, the government lawyers understand that.
September 10, 2016 01:07PM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there
Old Dude, can you provide a link to the "trademark filing" to which you refer? Do you mean something filed by DNC at the USPTO when it registered the mark "The Ahwahnee" (there are two such registrations, 1529066 for use in connection with hotel and restaurant services, and 2772512 for hats, shirts, dishes, blankets and some other stuff), or something filed by NPS in seeking to cancel that registration, or something filed by one of the parties in the litigation now pending before the Court of Claims?

Regardless, no one has registered the name "Ahwahnee Meadows" to be used in connection with describing a...place. My earlier comment in this thread was meant tongue-in-cheek - obviously DNC can't limit the use of the name "Ahwahnee" by anyone in describing the name of a piece of land. I'm just glad to see that, apparently, the government lawyers understand that.

Tongue-in-cheek is used by geezers that ARE there too.

Old Dude
September 10, 2016 07:51PM
Touche!
September 11, 2016 01:44PM
Actually, it wasn't DNC:

Word MarkAHWAHNEE
Goods and Services(CANCELLED) IC 019. US 001 012 033 050. G & S: Floor boards, Wooden flooring, Hardwood flooring; Non-metal architectural mouldings and finish trim. FIRST USE: 20060511. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20060511
Mark Drawing Code(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Trademark Search Facility Classification CodeLETTER-3-OR-MORE AHWAHNEE Combination of three or more letters as part of the mark
Serial Number77333584
Filing DateNovember 19, 2007
Current Basis1A
Original Filing Basis1A
Published for OppositionApril 22, 2008
Registration Number3461973
Registration DateJuly 8, 2008
Owner(REGISTRANT) Saroyan Lumber Company, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 6230 So. Alameda St. Huntington Park CALIFORNIA 90255
Type of MarkTRADEMARK
RegisterPRINCIPAL
Live/Dead IndicatorDEAD
Cancellation DateFebruary 13, 2015
avatar Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Fire Update
September 13, 2016 10:50AM
Ignition of the 62 acre prescribed burn at Ahwahnee Meadow began Monday, September 12th for a total of 50 acres completed. The remaining 12 acres will be scheduled for ignition Tuesday September 13th; burning operations should conclude at approximately 10:00 A.M.

Smoke will be present during burning operations. Smoke, affecting health, is always a consideration in the decision to schedule prescribed fires. Community members who are sensitive to smoke may want to close their windows and doors and/or consider leaving the area during active ignition of the project in order to reduce exposure. Park employees, community members, and visitors can expect to see fire personnel from various federal and state agencies - please drive with caution.
Re: Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Fire Update
September 14, 2016 09:18AM
Yup meadow looks like its burnt on the Yosemite cams. I think they missed a spot or two
avatar Ahwahnee Meadow Prescribed Fire Complete
September 14, 2016 12:14PM
Burning operations on the last portion of the Ahwahnee Meadow prescribed fire concluded 9/13/16. Fire crews successfully completed ignition for a total of 62 acres. Resources will remain on the fire through 9/15/16 to monitor conditions. Smoke will be present in the area for the next two to four days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login