Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tioga Road is open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tioga Road is open
November 07, 2016 10:33AM
I called at 10 am and all roads in park are now open without restrictions, except for the Mariposa Grove Road which is closed for renovations.

Yippee!
November 07, 2016 11:49AM
It looks like the weather will hold up for the next couple of weeks or so. Don't see any precipitation or storms on the horizon. Yosemite Fall webcam indicates that the effects of the recent storm have been reduced significantly. But most of the snow at higher elevations will remain at this point.
November 08, 2016 07:08AM
November 07, 2016 12:13PM
They just put out a press release:

Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park to Reopen Today at Noon
Glacier Point Road Open As well

The Tioga Road in Yosemite National Park will reopen at Noon today to all vehicular traffic. The road has been closed due to recent storm activity in the Yosemite region.

The Glacier Point Road is open to all vehicular traffic as well.

Visitors are reminded that there are no commercial services available either road corridor. Visitors are urged to drive with caution as icy conditions are possible on the roadways.

For 24 hour road and weather information for Yosemite National Park, please call 209-372-0200.
November 07, 2016 01:16PM
Wow, I was wrong on this one. I was thinking Tioga would not reopen until spring. Now I can go get some more obsidian.
November 07, 2016 07:03PM
Darn, I was there this weekend and it was closed. crying
November 08, 2016 06:50AM
exactly..

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login