Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Wildcat falls

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Wildcat falls
November 12, 2016 10:35AM
Yesterday I visited one of my favorite spots in Yosemite, Wildcat falls. I hadn't been there since April and found the landscape dramatically changed. There are now two huge boulders In the pool at the base of the falls. And a lot of broken rock and debris. Anyone know when that might have happened? It looks very recent.
ps. I stopped at the info center in Yosemite Village to ask them. When I mentioned Wildcat Falls all I got were blank stares. All three guides manning the desk had never heard of the place.
November 12, 2016 06:57PM
Well.... don't tell them where it is.
November 13, 2016 10:13AM
You got it. The fewer the better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2016 10:13AM by Pohono.
November 13, 2016 12:58PM
BTW-This is what the area looks like now. The two large boulders are to the left out of scene.
November 13, 2016 01:52PM
I wonder if people miss it because the lower part is heavily vegetated or they are overshadowed by the other falls nearby. The past two rainfalls have been heavy and there have been many rocks that have come down in all areas of the park.
November 14, 2016 07:54AM
You may like this...

Last year there was a huge rock that a fell nearby... well... maybe 1/2 mile away.
I thought I posted it... in 3D but can't find it. Big storm from couple weekends ago...
had to have caused your rockfall...

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?17,86652,86652#msg-86652

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 14, 2016 08:11AM
Still one of the most beautiful spots in the Park.
December 05, 2016 08:51PM
Yowza!

Thanks for the heads up. We checked it out last week.... and dang...

Rockfall!

It's hugely impressive!

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 07, 2016 07:29AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login