Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Murphy Creek to Glen Aulin

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Murphy Creek to Glen Aulin
May 01, 2017 10:37PM
I'm considering options for day hikes in late June; we'll have two cars available on one of the days so we can do a point-to-point hike that day. One possibility is taking the Murphy Creek trail to TM via Glen Aulin. Between the junction with the trail to May Lake and GA, there appear to be several stream crossings. Does anyone know what are these like in a "normal" year, and what we can likely expect this year at that time? For that matter, should we still expect snow cover along the way in late June this year? I figure that by then even if there's still snow, the trail from GA to TM will be easily discernible from foot traffic, but between the Murphy Creek trailhead and GA less so, especially after the use trail to the Polly Dome lakes.
Re: Murphy Creek to Glen Aulin
May 09, 2017 10:13PM
Last September, all those creeks were dry. d-:

I dunno if anyone can tell you what conditions will be like this year. Best to check back once the road opens and the rangers get out there... which won't be for a while yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 10:13PM by iivvgg.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login